Quick healthy snacks

Options
Hi there,

I'm looking for quick and healthy snacks I can take into work. I work different shifts every day with different break times, so I don't get a regular lunch break. It is more like 30mins here and there. What I'm looking for are quick and healthy food options i can take into work with me, so I can cut down on the usual chips/crisps and quick fixes here and there. I also get low blood sugar levels very quickly. I'd be greatful for any suggestions, please?
Many thanks!!!

Replies

• cakramer75
    Options
    Hummus with pita chips (whole wheat - watch serving size) or veggies; whole wheat low-carb wraps with almond butter & ground flax seed; apples with non-fat greek yogurt; nuts - almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc (again watch serving size)...

I also pack a small lunch, usually some type of low-fat protein (chicken, ground turkey, etc.), cooked and chopped, and heat it up with salsa and guacamole. Yum.
  • ringleo78
    Options
    you can always have with you dry fruits, such as raisins, or dry figs, in that way you can easily control your blood sugar levels. try to combine it with some dry unsalted nuts.
    try carrots, cucumbers, fruits and some cottage cheese with a small slice of multi grain bread.
    If I am not mistaken you don't have much time to cook and the only thing that you can do is to put some food in your bag a few minutes before you go to work... so you have to be more organised next time you visit your grocery store. try to buy pre washed packed veggies or fruits that you can easily eat then the next minute you get them, try to combine the veggies with canned in water tuna. another useful option is frozen veggies, you can defrost them in a minute in a microwave oven, put olive oil in moderation, some lemon juice, add a boiled egg and 1-2 rusks and you have a full meal.
    on your day off boil whole wheat pasta, or some rice, some eggs and keep them in the fridge, next time you are looking for a quick and nutritious meal try to combine the rice or the pasta with some veggies, and lean protein (canned tuna, turkey slices that you can buy in your grocery, low fat cheese) and some oil or avocado and you're done!
  • Dudarfst
    Dudarfst Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    spot on :-) many thanks for your suggestions! i'll definitely try your recommendations.
    thanks again :-)