Feeling down :-(

Options
After being good all week I feel slightly deflated at only losing 1lb :-( been sticking to my calorie intake and have eaten pretty good foods! Feel like wolfing gowns large pizza hut stuffed crust pizza now

Replies

• shimewazaMan
    Options
    Hey saz, don't beat yourself up. Based on your profile pic, it doesn't look like you really need to lose much, if any, weight. That being the case, what you do want to lose may come off slowly. As far as wolfing down pizza .... just try to think about how bad you'll feel about it afterwards. If it helps at all, I work out like a mad man and can go weeks on end without losing a pound. I do get frustrated at times, but I try to focus on the fact that, regardless of what the scale says, by eating clean and exercising I am healthier this week than I was last week. Go easy on yourself and just keep pluggin away!
  • pcgirl58
    pcgirl58 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    But then you would be beating yourself up about that as well....Remember slow and steady wins the race and it may show up next weigh in. Chin up, pal.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    All those 1lb losses add up ...Slow is better...Keep up the good work;-)
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    One pound down sounds like a successful week to me!
  • pidwigeon20
    Options
    happened to me the other week and I also felt really down. The week after I mixed up my exercise routine completely and introduced new foods in place of old ones in my diet, the following week I lost 5lbs! Try it!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    One pound sounds great to me too! Some weeks you wont lose anything but then lose 3lbs. the next. It's just how it works. Congrats on your 8lbs. so far! =)
  • McShell12
    McShell12 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the loss!!!!!!
  • davidlaplante
    davidlaplante Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    One pound per week is awesome! If you were losing more previously that's probably more water than fat.

Use healthy fats (grass-fed butter, organic expeller pressed coconut oil, etc.) to (a) destroy hunger cravings and (b) feed your brain with happy fats that curb depression. Sugar (carbs) is just like a drug to your brain. Just like kicking nicotine or an opiate, your brain gets depressed when it's trying to come off the carb high. Not unusual at all.

It will take a while to retrain your brain to not send the "feed me glycemic carbs now!" signals - but 2 TBSP of butter helps a lot.

BTW - fat does not get converted into fat. Only carbs do. Your body will covert what healthy fat it needs to energy and eliminate the rest. There's no better "diet pill" than 2 TBSP yummy grass-fed butter (KerryGold).

Again 1lb per week is awesome. 52 weeks = 52 lbs! Health is a journey - never a destination.

If you're not already doing so - you can give your brain some dopamine by adding some gamification to your diet. Instead of just focusing on weight, try dividing your attention by focusing on and looking for wins on controlling your blood glucose. Pick up a $10 blood glucose monitor and start winning at having solid and steady blood glucose.

Here's the thing - what you look like on the outside doesn't matter as much as knowing that your avoiding a myriad of health issues by having solid blood glucose levels. Better to be a few extra pounds heavy and not at risk for diabetes or a heart condition later in life. Winning the blood glucose game everyday trains your brain to be stoked on eating healthy and not being so inFATuated with how thin you appear.

8-)
  • ullgetthere
    Options
    Hey one pound is good!! Try holding one pound of butter and you'll see thats it's more than you think! If you turn around and eat pizza, then you'll be erasing all of your hard work. People want big results and fast, don't fall into that trap! Just ask yourself, would have rather GAINING 1 pound?????