Slow Progress, but it's there (pics)

Options
January 2012 we had our first baby and I was at my biggest ever (250 something pounds).

axl54.jpg

I lost a bit of the weight before joining MFP at the very end of March. I needed something that would help me stay committed and as much as I hated the idea of logging every single food item, it made me think twice about what I was putting into my body. I took my first progress photo on May 5th and another one today, September 10th.

k1xpqf.jpg
2wn477p.jpg

I think my weight in the first photo was somewhere around 235lbs. My weight as of today is 205lbs. I'm so close to "onederland" and it's driving me crazy that I keep hovering around 205lbs. But I'm keeping at it. I've mixed up my workout routine and am now doing the c25k. I hate running, but I need more cardio and it's something I can do while my son is awake. I throw a couple circuit training DVD's during the week during his nap time. Hopefully this will help. I just started getting comments from friends about how good I look...I have a hard time seeing the difference, so it's nice when others take notice.

It's been a slow journey, but it's happening. I want to make this a lifestyle change, not just about dropping the pounds quickly and unhealthily. I'm starting to feel better about myself and I can fit into some of my pre-pregnancy clothes again (one thing I have learned is that I will NEVER gain that much weight during a pregnancy again!). I'd say it's working :)

Replies

• kaymila
    kaymila Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :wink: you look great!!! congrats!!!
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job, you can really see the difference!
  • Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I can totally see a difference! You look great!
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Great job can see the difference.
  • riddlemethis7
    riddlemethis7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You are looking great!
  • MamaBearRoars
    MamaBearRoars Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are looking great! I am at now where you started basically. I hope to look as good as you do soon!
  • chiloi
    Options
    I see your waist! You're clipping right along.
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You look great and are very close to "onederland"! How tall are you? You don't look like you're in the 200s at all!
  • kwheelock
    kwheelock Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I see your waist! You're clipping right along.

Thanks! I carry my weight in the middle so I still wear some of my maternity pants, but every once and awhile I can comfortably fit into my pre-pregnancy pants/shorts :) Hopefully I'll be there for good before too long...I'm kind of stuck right now.
  • Goodkid3
    Options
    U look fantástic girl! Keep it up!!
  • kwheelock
    kwheelock Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look great and are very close to "onederland"! How tall are you? You don't look like you're in the 200s at all!

Thank you! I'm 5'10"...the scale can play tricks on ya ;)
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I've got the same body shape as you and have been ever so slowly losing weight too. I want to see better results faster but am trying to concentrate on eating well and exercising, not weight loss per se. You're doing a great job!
  • randomgyrl
    randomgyrl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job! You also have the same car seat my daughter has. I haven't seen anyone else with that pattern!
  • lepow
    lepow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The change is definitely noticeable; congratulations! You look great!
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree. You can see the progress you've made. Keep it up! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!