Looking for advice

Options
Trying to lose weight and I already have lost 18lbs but at the moment I am at a stand still. 16 more pounds is my current goal and it happens everytime I try but I lose motivation to go to the gym. I for the most part have stuck to my diet firm and cut out ALOT of calories (kind of disgusts me how many calories I was taking in before). But I guess what I am asking it what keeps you motivated what would be a good motivation for me? Any insight or help would be great! Thanks everyone!

Replies

• thezenphoenix
    thezenphoenix Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What motivates me is the idea that once I reach the goals that I have set for myself I will be happier and healthier and have more energy. I feel like we can only do this if we want to and we all it a wall sometimes I know I have a lot but I keep in mind that when I look in the mirror I will love what I see when I am with my guy he'll love what he sees too lol add me if you want and we can motivate each other. The more friends the more motivation. Also mix stuff up that way it doesn't get boring. Good luck!
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Maybe it would help if you took the motivation away from just losing weight to gaining health and wellbeing. I've had absolutely no problem with going to the gym 5 days a week since I started eating well and exercising because it made me feel good, rather than just because I need to lose weight. It's much easier to be in denial about the amount of crap we eat than actually face up to it and do something about it. Good on you! If you're not into the gym do something else you enjoy - do something social like join a sports team, get outside and enjoy the sights and sounds while walking, find workouts on youtube and do it at home. Maybe just cutting back on the calories is enough for you right now - you don't have to change everything all at once.
  • Fallouts
    Options
    My motivation is to think there's someone out there working harder than me, which means I have more to give.

If you haven't already, incorporate some weight lifting into your routine, and the weight will fly off.
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Maybe it would help if you took the motivation away from just losing weight to gaining health and wellbeing. I've had absolutely no problem with going to the gym 5 days a week since I started eating well and exercising because it made me feel good, rather than just because I need to lose weight. It's much easier to be in denial about the amount of crap we eat than actually face up to it and do something about it. Good on you! If you're not into the gym do something else you enjoy - do something social like join a sports team, get outside and enjoy the sights and sounds while walking, find workouts on youtube and do it at home. Maybe just cutting back on the calories is enough for you right now - you don't have to change everything all at once.

This is excellent advice - my motivation is to
    a - just look and feel better with more energy
    b - being able to buy whatever clothes I want to - not just what fits
    c - just looking and feeling better with more energy
    d - being able to play with my new (due in April) grandbaby
    e - being able to look at myself in the mirror and know I've done everything I can do to be the best I can be for myself
  • gzdesar
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice everyone! I definitely will incorporate all of what you told me. Kimothy you really gave me some amazing insight and I appreciate that so much! My Goddaughter is a huge motivator as well so I will use her to help me out more. And I think maybe I was trying to do all too much and maybe wore myself out too quick with working, going to the gym calorie counting. Maybe I am just overwhelmed with all the new change. Thanks again everyone!
  • C00lCountry
    Options
    Are you logging everything you eat?
    I looked at your diary and you are way under you calories.
    360 for one day is not near enough for a person.
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Workout buddy who will drag your butt to the gym, track, court, wherever! Pay them if you have to! :)