Whats in your salad???

Options
dawnemjh
dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
I usually put in spinach, tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, hummus, pea sprouts and cucumber & carrots if I have them. I also like onion but dont usually have it on hand. And of course dressing.

Any other ideas what I could add??

Replies

• annebubbles
    annebubbles Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds or raisins!
  • abeachlady
    Options
    balsamic vinegar
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You could swap the spinach for mixed greens once in a while. Small pieces of red/orange/yellow/green bell pepper. Small pieces of onion.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    :smile: Feta cheese. Now you're making me hungry for salad!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Pie.

I like pie on my salads.

Just kidding :P

On top of what you said, I also like mushrooms, chick peas and occasionally bacon.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    12 oz t-bone and a baked potato....on a bed of lettuce leaves, of course!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I love jicama, radishes, two kinds of lettuce (red, butter, spinach, romaine, watercress whatever is available), onions or green onions/scallions, and all the other good stuff you put on yours

Sprouts sound good havent had those in ages!
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    Spinach, cherry tomatoes, avocado, feta cheese, shredded broccoli, cucumber, chicken (sometimes) balsamic vinegrette.

Sometimes garbanza beans, rarely croutons.
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    strawberries,grilled chicken,spinach lettuce, sliced almonds and Kens Fat Free Vidalia Onion dressing..Yum!
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My base part of salad is a mix of spinach and romaine lettuce. Next I cut up some slices of red peppers. Cucumber slices if I have them on hand. Add either some turkey or chicken meat. Sprinkle on some light moz cheese. Close lid, shake container.
    I "dip" my salad in the dressing, I don't like to drown my salad.
    I like light italian or ranch dressing.
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    If you like salads- try mango, red peppers, and onion!!!!! To die for!
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I like romaine, carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, bean sprouts, beets, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries or mandarin oranges, and a little sprinkle of bacon. Sometimes I do dressing, and sometimes I do garlic lime salsa instead.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Made a spinach and arugula salad the other night with grilled peaches, red onions, fresh mozzarella, and cherry tomatoes. The dressing was white wine vinegar (4 tbsp), chives (2 tbsp), dijon mustard (2 tsp), honey (2 tsp), and balsamic glaze (1 tsp). It was amazing.
  • janehadji
    janehadji Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I make a really finely chopped salad that is delicious: romaine lettuce, red onion, tomato, goat cheese (or gargonzola or feta), avocado, a few bacon bits and pine nuts, tossed in Girard's Olde Venice Italian dressing. Yum!
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My salads are usually red and green leaf lettuce, radishes, carrots (shredded, and LOTS), bell pepper, other pepper if I have any in the fridge, mushrooms, sunflower seeds, and usually grilled chicken on top for protein.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My easy, hungry-and-I-want-to-eat-NOW salad is a mix of baby spinach & baby kale, Quorn protein patty, a little feta, flax seeds, black pepper, rosemary, a light drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I really love pecans, and could easily eat my entire day's calorie allotment in nuts alone, but I find the flax seeds still give me a nutty crunch without all the extra calories.
    If I have more time/motivation, I'll have pre-made garbanzo beans I can add, red bell pepper, mushrooms, avocado...yum!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I enjoy, Tuna, Cottage Cheese, Grilled Chicken, Sliced Grilled Steak, Roasted Garlic, Pickles, Beans, Green onions, sugar snap peas, rice noodles, chow mein noodles, baby corn, water-chestnuts and bamboo shoots.
  • cherikasalzmann
    Options
    that sounds amazing!
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Mine is shredded red cabbage (cooked with apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and stock) with cooked beetroot and fresh raw tomatoes. Added protein to the mix is canned tuna, baked chicken, feta cheese, or borlotti beans.
  • rabbit1951
    rabbit1951 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Any kind of berries- especially blueberries and strawberries.