Is this healthy?

Options
Hey, I had some broccoli salad at a BBQ and it was delicious so I found a similar recipe but wanted to know if this was healthy?

I was thinking if replacing the bacon with turkey bacon, the sugar with artificial sweetner, and mayonaise with light mayo?

It was sooooo goood though! Here is the link to the recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fresh-broccoli-salad/Detail.aspx

Replies

• waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    shouldnt be a problem :) 1 cup will prolly give you around 175 calories though so something like that would be in moderation :)
  • iron93
    Options
    If it were me, I would take out the sugar, no idea why it needs 1/2 cup of sugar.
    Change the bacon to a leaner meat
    no raisins
    and have homemade mayo

but then it's like a completely different meal hahaa ;)
  • Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I wouldn't change the bacon except to a nitrate free variety. If you're using a sweetener, I would stay away from artificial ones. I'd more likely use a less process real sugar or stevia in place of the white sugar. Happy cooking :-)
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Try swapping out any mayo with nonfat greek yogurt. Most ppl can't tell the difference.
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I wouldn't change the bacon except to a nitrate free variety. If you're using a sweetener, I would stay away from artificial ones. I'd more likely use a less process real sugar or stevia in place of the white sugar. Happy cooking :-)

solid advice here! I would agree
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Only replace the bacon with turkey bacon if you plan to feed this to a dog.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later to pin this xD

Edit: Finally got to look at this. We make this at my work
    SO YUMMY!