Struggle :(

Options
Hi Everyone,

I've recently joined myfitnesspal as was having trouble losing my final stone and couldn't afford WW.

I'm finding this so good and easy its great. Problem I'm having is i just can't seem to lose weight. I'm 13st and really want to get down to 12st to start with and go from there.
I run on average 20miles a week and have done 4 half marathons and 1 full marathon in the last 4 years, so I like to think I'm quite fit, I just can't seem to lose this stone.

Its driving my mad, so was wondering if anyone had any hints/tips they wouldn't mind sharing

Thanks

Dan

Replies

• AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    How much and what do you eat? Does that fit in your calorie goal? Do you eat back your exercise calories?
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Probably that beer in you hand :wink: , might want to cut back on the alchohol intake. It has a LOT of empty calories!
  • dan39newman
    dan39newman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    haha i thought I deserved that pint after running half a marathon in 1 hr 48mins :)

Though seriously I have cut down massively on my alcohol and have managed to lose 1.5st in the last 2 years.

As for my calorie intake it tells me to eat 1600 a day which I normally get to, my gf is on weight watchers which helps as we both try and eat healthy. When i run it tells me running 40mins I burn 700ish calories. I try to eat more but do struggle to eat all the calories on a running day.
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's all about the calorie deficit you achieve. I ran many marathons and halfs and never lost a pound until I cut back on the calories. I know some people do not agree with this but I also try to avoid eating back all of my exercise calories MFP gives me.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should consider adding a few high-intensity intervals into your run. HIIT is extremely popular, and a lot of people have had huge success doing it. There are tons of websites that can tell you all about it. Just do a web search for HIIT, and you'll get tons of info. Good luck! :smile:
  • Dandawa
    Options
    I suggest you change it up. Try a tough work out video as well as your running to trick your body, are you lifting weights and or increase. Jillian Michaels, PX90, any hard workout dvd throw that in there several times a week and look at your weights. Also make sure that after every workout,/run you are within 30 min. taking in high protein.
    hope this helps. ps. do not eat back as many of your workout cal. maybe say less then 40% at very most.
  • dlcjr
    Options
    It's simple math: calories in , calories burned. if you aren't losing weight, you're either not reporting to myfitness pal accurately what you're eating daily, or your daily calorie goals are two high.

the system works, i've used it 4 times and every time i've lost weight. my problem is after a lose and see it's working i slack off.