I've been checking out MFP for several days

Options
I'm currently a weight watchers member, and I'm ready for a change. To be honest, I just can't make it work for me. I've lost only a few pounds since I started.
So I'm really excited to move over to MFP!

I do have one question/concern....WW allows extra points for special occasions or treats. (I've often wondered if that's why my loss has been so slow). What's a good way to handle these things with MFP? Obviously I can't eat 1380 calories every day for the rest of my life. What's working for some of you? A "free" day? Just play it by ear? Any advice would be great!

Replies

• skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I also moved over to MFP after having no success with WW. I eat whatever I want as long as I stay within my calorie limit. I'll save up calories if I know I'm having a treat or something special for dinner, and I'll make sure to get in my cardio. Seems to be working so far.
  • fairygirl68
    fairygirl68 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Truly good advice, thanks! I have a ton of weddings and a family reunion coming up, all followed by the holidays. I'm trying so hard to NOT give up.
  • mystikfairy61
    mystikfairy61 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I started the first of August, and have been eating around 12-1400 calories a day. Since I had not exercised in forever, I started at 10 mins and can now do 30, at least til I started Zumba today, now back to 10 mins at a time, LOL, more intense workout. I am like some of the others and I eat pretty much what I want, but I have found if I am going to have something special, like tonite I had a homemade taco salad, that I put into my diary what I am going to have on it and tweak the amount til I get under my calorie intake for the day. I dont plan for days like that just play it by ear. And I have lost 13 pounds and 11 inches since I started...
  • fairygirl68
    fairygirl68 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's great!
    I've been "spying" for a couple of weeks now, and have seen that lots of people are doing better here than they did on WW. I know so many people that have done so well and just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I'm really hopeful that this is a good move for me.