WHOO! I reached my goal!!!

Options
As of today, I've officially reached my 'goal weight'! Which is 155lbs (a loss of 53lbs)!

I'm happy, but i'm also kind of nervous because now i'll have to move into maintenance mode and...i'm kind of scared. I've never been overweight (until these last 5 years!) and have never needed to lose weight or watch what I eat, and therefore I've never needed to then 'maintain' a certain weight! I have a friend who is training to be a personal trainer/nutritionist who has helped me achieve my weightloss over these past 5 months, and she's going to start me on a maintenance plan soon... and then I'll have to go it on my own at some point! (she's helped me with nutrition and eating high protein, low carb, lotsa veggies...).

But...my focus now that i've lost this weight (which still makes me about 14lbs above the highest range for my height on the whole BMI chart/scale - which says I should be a max of 141lbs for my height of 5'3...) is to strengthen and tone (and if I lose another couple of pounds in the process then that'll be a bonus! :bigsmile: ) I'm currently doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred to help tone and strengthen and hope to see great results by the end of the month!

Anyways, just wanted to post of my success :). A few months ago, this goal seemed so far away. Almost impossible! I haven't weighed 155lbs for ...gosh, possibly close to 10 years (I was comfortable about 5 years ago before my weight gain at about 168!)

Oh and just to show progress.. here's a photo. oldandnewme.jpg

The first pic was taken back in Feb but I didn't start my weightloss journey til the end of April (when I was weighed by my Dr at 208lbs) so i'm saying approx 208 back in Feb :)

Replies

• JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic, just glowing in the second photo. I predict that you will continue to tone and feel even more awesome in the weeks and months to come. Maintenance is not too terribly far away for me either, it's scary I agree. But I believe you can do it!
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Awesome job you look great :)
  • j1rivera8
    j1rivera8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    you look great!! any tips? you lost your weight pretty fast! congratulations
  • yorkiemom0820
    yorkiemom0820 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS! YOU LOOK GREAT!:flowerforyou:
  • Aventuria
    Options
    Congratulations, this is amazing!

It would be cool to post pictures after your toning as well! :smile:
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    congrats! It is a great feeling to finally reach your goal. I hit mine a week ago.
  • HollyLayman
    HollyLayman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Way to go, my friend!!! :) You will do just fine! You look great! And with all the weight you have been steadily still losing, you might just blow away in the wind if you keep it up throughout the next phase. Lol. ;) j/k!
    But seriously though... You are always a big motivation to me on here. I'm so glad I found you and we vacant friends. Thanks for always giving me advice and such... You rock!!! Good luck on the next chapter of your weightloss journey! You've got this, girl!!! :)
  • HollyLayman
    HollyLayman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    *became
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look wonderful!!!
  • DimplezKaOirDoll
    Options
    CONGRATZ!:smile:
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congratulations.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    WHOOOO!!! And NOW What?!!!!
  • pinme13
    pinme13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You look amazing!
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!! :heart: :flowerforyou:

and @ j1rivera8 - all i've done (pffft 'all'! lol ) was a really strict clean high protein low carb lotsa veggie diet (around 1200 calories) and lots of exercise (tons of cardio mixed in with strength too - 6 days a week with one rest day.

@hollyshoemaker - THANK YOU!!! you are an inspiration to ME with your weightloss journey too! glad I can be the same to you!! :D and we'll both keep on it and just get better and better! :):flowerforyou:
  • Goodkid3
    Options
    Fantastic Job!!
  • Ilangilang
    Ilangilang Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow..Congratulations...
  • Beckysweetart82
    Options
    You look amazing!! After having two babies and reaching 240 at 5'7 I've had enough and I'm ready to finally make a change. I've been dieting and exercising for a week now and I feel empowered! You are an inspiration!
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Great job and very encouraging. I started the 17 Day Plan on 9/1. Cycle 1 is pretty much like what you described for your eating plan (high protein, low carb) plus some probiotics and a little fruit. And lots of water. I have lost 8 lbs in 12 days. It is amazing what controlling the carbs and sugars does for me. I'm not as strict because I do allow myself some frozen yogurt or a small sweet treat sometimes, but I limit the portion. I'm getting in about 1200 cals a day and I exercise most days of the week. I will be glad when I can post a topic like this one.

Congratulations again on your wonderful achievement and many wishes for continued success on your fitness journey!:happy:
  • tinahelton
    tinahelton Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Hard work does pay off!! :)
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Awesome good for you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!