JUST SO FREAKING HAPPY!

What a story,
I gained over 100 lbs in my childbearing years and never lost them.
I was rather surprised when I realized that my neglect had brought me to this point.
Boy, I was not paying attention....I was in denial.

I worked a physically demanding job that wore out one hip and both of my knees.
I had a hip replacement 14 years ago and just this past May had one of my knee's replaced.
Due to my bad knees I lost my job ,but before losing that, my husband contracted spinal meningitis causing him to have three strokes which left him cognatively disabled.
He would walk every day all day long and one day last Oct. while out walking he was struck by a car and did not survive.
So losing a job and a husband was not what I had planned for my life. That was a hard thing.

I lost 60 lbs just so I could have my new knee,but while in the Hospital I gained back 15 lbs.
I was so unhappy at seeing the weight gain but got busy and worked hard to get back to my pre-surgery weight, which I accomplished today. YAY for me! That makes me very HAPPY!

I think this has got to be the hardest journey I have ever attemped.
I thought that hiking a mountian, 11,794 feet was hard but this is even harder.

I will be on this journey for a while longer I still have another person to lose,HeHe.
I also want to be a possitive example for my last daughter ,age 14.
She is a little bit chubby and I don't want her to gain anymore weight.

I know this is a small thing to be back at this pre-surgery weight with a lot more to go,
but I am so happy to be here. Now to keep going.
I just wish I had an excersize/walking/bike riding buddy.

Replies

• prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    keep plugging along, your resolve with keep you going. Sorry for your hard times
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Seeing your all caps exclamation of joy made me happy. I'm sorry you've had to deal with so much bad luck, BUT it is very inspiring to see someone go through all of that and still be able to accomplish what you have already and are continuing to do.

Thank you!
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    With an attitude like that after all you have been through, I have faith that you will succeed! Just remember there will be bad days, there will be good days and then there will be GREAT days like today! Keep it up!
  • Aw Thank you all,@prism6 I love your hat! Is it crochet?
  • MistChances
    MistChances Posts: 12 Member
    Wow!! no, W-O-W!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are such a huge inspiration to me. :flowerforyou: