Groupon for Shaun T's Rockin' Body Workout Set

Options
Based on a search of the Message Boards, I see that this deal has been offered before, but it's been a few months. Groupon has a deal today where you can buy Shaun T's Rockin' Body Workout Set for $20 (and $6 shipping). It's seven work-outs on five DVDs plus handweights. It expires in 2 days and 11 hours (which would be at the end of Wednesday CDT time).

Does anyone have this already? Do you like/hate it for any particular reasons? How's the music and/or the background of the studio or wherever it's filmed (I tend to get bored when there's nothing to look at or listen to except someone counting to 8 repeatedly).

Seems like a pretty good deal even if it isn't fabulous, and I like that the workouts seem to be of varying lengths, which I like.

Replies

• vBrooklyn
    Options
    I just saw the deal myslef and I was wondering if I should purchase it.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options

Probably depends on what your goals are and whether you want to reach them in the fastest way with the least amount of effort or not.

Is this not considered an advertisement that viloates the forum rules? Just askin...
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I don't think they are advertising, I think they were asking for feedback from others who have purchased it, kind of like asking about protein powders that others have tried. :)
  • Ali155
    Ali155 Posts: 30
    Options
    I received that Groupon email this morning and was wondering the same thing...will look for reviews. :)
  • jjl0412
    jjl0412 Posts: 278 Member
    Options

Probably depends on what your goals are and whether you want to reach them in the fastest way with the least amount of effort or not.

Is this not considered an advertisement that viloates the forum rules? Just askin...

I don't think sharing information that could possibly benefit is a breach. Not selling, promoting. Just asking opinions. Is'nt that what helps us all?
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I don't think they are advertising, I think they were asking for feedback from others who have purchased it, kind of like asking about protein powders that others have tried. :)

mm i misread a bit. first sentence definitely still stands though.
  • ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

Oh my gosh, I didn't intend to advertise this at all. I don't have it or know anything about it, so was just asking for feedback, like people ask for feedback about Fitbits, Zumba, C25K, etc. I did state the price and where one could find the deal, but that's only because I wanted to share it with my fellow MFPers who might be interested.

Sorry if you thought I was advertising, although if my post was truly seen as an advertisement, a LOT of the stuff in the Message Boards would also violate forum rules.
  • sleafers
    sleafers Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I bought this Groupon the first time round.

Honestly? I loved it. I found it a lot of fun! It's hella cheesy, so if you don't like that, then I wouldn't recommend it. But for me, it made it fun and enjoyable to do.

I think that it does depend on your level of fitness. I probably could be a lot fitter, but I do work out usually 4-5 times a week. I love that it came with a schedule (although you don't have to follow it). The great thing is that he does give a modifier for less fit, and shows you ways to pump it up if it's not quite hard enough for you. There's one workout (Rock it Out, I think?) that reminds me of a Jillian workout in that everytime I would do it (with or without weights), I am super sore the next day!

If you're looking for something fun, quick, and cheesy, then I'd do it. If you're super hardcore, maybe not.

I wouldn't pay the full $60 for it, but $20 for Groupon? Worth it.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I like Shaun T but rockin body is pretty average. I do it sometimes on days when I can't be bothered just so I don't feel quite so lazy.
  • Ali155
    Ali155 Posts: 30
    Options
    I received that Groupon email this morning and was wondering the same thing...will look for reviews. :)

I briefly scanned the Amazon reviews...4.5 stars overall...not bad.
  • ScubaAmyMN
    Options
    Honestly? I loved it. I found it a lot of fun! It's hella cheesy, so if you don't like that, then I wouldn't recommend it. But for me, it made it fun and enjoyable to do.

I think that it does depend on your level of fitness. I probably could be a lot fitter, but I do work out usually 4-5 times a week. I love that it came with a schedule (although you don't have to follow it). The great thing is that he does give a modifier for less fit, and shows you ways to pump it up if it's not quite hard enough for you

Thanks for the feedback. The fact that you said it's hella cheesy makes me consider it even more! In a video-type workout, I seem to need something to keep my attention. I like dance-type workouts, and thought it would be a good way to mix up my rotation of Wii Zumba and Wii Just Dance. My fitness level is good - I think I'd have a nice challenge with a 45 minute routine, but could get through it (maybe not with weights though! Although that'd be a good thing to build toward.)

Thanks again.
  • SweetSouthernSarah
    Options
    I noticed on the GroupOn you can buy either the Rockin' Body work outs or the Delux set each for $20 plus the $6 shipping. Any suggestions on which set would be the best to get?
  • ScubaAmyMN
    Options
    I noticed on the GroupOn you can buy either the Rockin' Body work outs or the Delux set each for $20 plus the $6 shipping. Any suggestions on which set would be the best to get?

If you read the Questions and Answers section it sounds like they are the exact same price but you get more for the Deluxe. Seems strange, but that's how I'm interpreting. I'm going to opt for the Deluxe because I like the idea of getting the hand weights, although the workout might be hard enough without them.

*still not advertising. Just discussing a fitness-related purchase, like HRMs, other fitness programs, etc.
  • countrygirlkepi
    Options
    Its a little late but I had this same question and ended up purchasing it. I'm only in my first week but I am loving it so far. Just wish I knew how many calories I burn. I have been following the calendar of workouts and just started trying some of the recipes. I am loving it. It is different then my normal workout routine and it makes it fun for me.
  • kendrawilson528
    Options
    The rockin body workout is awesome. If you follow it to a T, you can forget about these diet fads. Bought my program from Amazon. Anyone can use my promo code to get a discount off the regular price here: http://amzn.to/Z8RRKt. You can also see other reviews, it's great.