Swollen Knee But No Pain...

Options
So, about a week and a half ago my knee became swollen and stiff. I have an interesting time bending and straightening it. But, it doesn't actually hurt. Anyone have any idea what coyld cause it? Should I just continue icing and elevating it? Thanks for all your help!!!!

Replies

• melly7171
    melly7171 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would love to see responses to this as this happened to me about 4 weeks ago...took a good 2 weeks for it to get better. I could hardly bend it at all. Was really hard in bed at nite to roll over and move
  • melly7171
    melly7171 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Im going to bump this to see if anyone has any suggestions
  • Schaj
    Schaj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This happened to me in March. After a couple of weeks, the swelling and tightness went away. Then in June it was back along with pain. After 3 weeks, I gave in and saw my doctor. He suspected there was fuild on the knee. I had an MRI to determine if there was any type of damage, there was none. The fuild was then drawn off. There was about 50 cc's worth of fuild (approx 1/4 cup). It is still a mystery as to what caused this. This all happened before I got serious about making a change in my life. Every once in a while I experience a little bit of discomfort, but have not had any problem with any swelling or tightness since. There is no way to know if this is your problem...this is just my experience.
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Anybody else?