Good News and Bad News... Doctors weigh in

Options
Good and bad news... As for the doctors today I will start with the bad news my scale ISN'T calibrated correctly. It tells me I weigh 1lb more than at the doctors the doctor told me for now on when I weigh at home subtract the difference for accuracy well now the GOOD NEWS I swear Im glowing and if I could do cartwheels up and down the road I totally would Im down to 265 he said thats 11lbs from last month! Yes 11lbs lost in a month I am some sort of AMAZING! I'm down a total of 35.6lbs so since I told you should I go ahead and update my ticker before Monday I usually do my home weigh ins Monday? I am 5lbs away from my halloween goal how SPOOKY is that :D

So I have to say I don't think the bad news was all that bad because it just made my weigh in better than I expected and honestly last month I don't remember being 276 but thats pry a good thing I don't want to remember any number higher than what i am now

I so am half tempted to go to the grocery store today and put (3) 10lb bags of potatoes in my cart and (1) 5lbs bag and take my picture with my card I don't even think I could hold 35lbs of potatoes in my arms Ive lost almost what my dogs weigh in combined weight Rebel is 17lbs and Blaze is 19lbs.

I am so happy I feel a little self absorbed telling my self how amazing and awesome I am :D

Replies

• beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Great job!

As for the scale differences, it might not be because your scale is a pound off. If you weighed in at different times (i.e. at home at 7 am, at the doctor at 1 pm) that would also account for the different weight.

I weigh in at home in the mornings, so my weight at home is always a couple of pounds lighter than at the doctor's.
  • HeftyHeather7
    HeftyHeather7 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job!

As for the scale differences, it might not be because your scale is a pound off. If you weighed in at different times (i.e. at home at 7 am, at the doctor at 1 pm) that would also account for the different weight.

I weigh in at home in the mornings, so my weight at home is always a couple of pounds lighter than at the doctor's.

Yea this morning after my shower at 8am 266.2 at the Doctors at 10am 265 when I got home at 10:30 and emptied my bladder 266 flat I think my scale isn't calibrated correctly though because I have very un-level floors in my house like I always get a lower reading by a few ounces in the bathroom verses the wood floor in my bedroom.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    way to go!!
  • healthysince2013
    healthysince2013 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I think the potato pic is a great idea! I might have to do that.
  • longingforcontrol
    Options
    wow, amazing. excellent work. so happy for you.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I like the potato idea... it has great visual appeal... Think I might do it with bags of sugar
  • rboudiab
    Options
    Congrats Honey!! I am so proud of you! And that's not bad news! That just means every time u thought u were happy cuz u lost weight, u actually lost an extra pound!! Congrats!! <3
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I bet you felt just great when you put those potatoes back on the shelf!! Well done - you deserve to feel proud of yourself ;p)
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Well done! My doctor's scales make me about half a stone lighter so I always go by my own scales as I don't visit the doctors all that often.

Great job, keep it up!
  • discoqueen73
    Options
    Amazing Job!! You must be absolutely over the moon and rightly so!

Keep on trucking lady! :wink:
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, well done!!!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Keep on keeping on, you're doing a great job! I too love the pic with the potatoes. :happy: In a month or two you'll have to find something heavier to be snapped with - they won't sell big enough bags of potatoes. :wink:
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    1lb more in 265lb is under 0.5% off from true - in the grand scheme of things I'd say your scales are actually pretty accurate.
    Mine will fluctuate by 4lb by just nudging them slightly (have now checked and the feel-good lower weight is more accurate :) ).

Providing you consistently use the same figures, it shouldn't be a problem.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Nice. Congrats!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Great...keep up the good work.
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Chuffed to bits for you, well done x
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Love the visual!
  • mamakira
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a fantastic result, be proud of yourself.
    I love the pic with the potatoes!
  • LooptLou25
    LooptLou25 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is absolutely amazing, well done & you should definitely be pleased with yourself!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You are so cute! And you rock- love your enthusiasm! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!