Newbie: Getting in a shape for my wedding!

Options
Hello!

I am excited to be apart of MFP. It is nice reading everyones stories, knowing we all have the same common goal; getting in shape! I have been trying to lose weight for a long time. I have been running off and on for a couple years. This year I am running a half-marathon in May! :) I started a running program where I run 3 days a week, X-Train 1 day, and rest 2. However, I started the first week in January at 148.4 lbs and now a month later I am 148.6 lbs. I am very frustrated and am hoping that recording my food intake will help the situation. I am getting married in August and hope to be in the best shape of my life! Good Luck to everyone! :)

Replies

• twilight473
    twilight473 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful! i'm sure you will reach your goal. You just have to be honest and really watch what you eat and how much of it. Congrats on your routine too. You can do it!!
  • AliciaN
    AliciaN Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting this journey to finding you! LOL I have also started running and serious wieght training. I also have noticed that the scales don't move down that fast however don't feel too frustrated as muscle wieghts more than fat. You may not see that scale move as quickly as you want but you will start seeing the results through that changes in your clothes from the inch loss. Keep focus on the right numbers that matter, how long and fast you are running and your inch loss and not so much focus on the scale. If you go to a gym find out if they have a scale that measures not only how much you wiegh but how much of that wieght is fat. That is an excellent tool to finding out how much fat (lbs and %) loss you actually have rather than what you wiegh. Good Luck!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Welcome Aimee! I had the same problem. I kept going up slowly but surely even though I was working out 5-6 times a week. I just joined last week (mid-way through the week) and I lost 2.8 pounds in my first week. Weight loss is definitely going to slow down for me, but counting and recognizing what is in your food is a HUGE part of it. I'm also not aware of what serving sizes are, and have started counting out pieces of goldfish, number of almonds, etc... it definitely definitely helps a lot! I think twice about what I eat because I don't want to have to log something bad and see all my numbers jump, especially sugar!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and good luck with all your training! if you need a buddy/any help, you and I are right in the same range! I'm trying to get down to 120 :)