H2o is my friend and my ENEMY!!! Q???

Options
Hello everyone, here's the thing, I've been doing soooo well on watching the foods I eat and have been exercising like I'm suppose to. I'm doing pretty well and the weight is coming off, my body is toning up. The weight I've gained from the pregnancy is roughly 9 pounds from being gone as of YESTERDAY, today is a different story, somehow I gained 2.6 pounds since yesterday morning!!! I only ate 10 calories UNDER my allowances for the day, how'd the scale change Sooo much? I ate 2 large bowls of salad consisting of (combing both bowls when sharing ingredients) 4 cups of Romaine lettuce, whole cucumber, half tomato, 1/2 cup perdue chicken grilled strips and 1 pickle plus 1 jalepeno, 4 table spoons low cal basalmic vinegar dressing. Boston cream sugar free jello pudding cup 60 cals yum!!! Brown rice vegetable sushi roll with only one packet of less sodium soy sauce. Tons of Tabasco sauce but that has 35 mg of sodium and I've been using a lot of tabasco and never had an issue. TONS OF WATER!!!!! Granted, yesterday was the ONLY day I didn't exercise out of the 8 days in a row I did of high cardio but chasing after a 10 month old that is exploring the world should count as exercise and cleaning I did. Sorry for the long post and not having my paragraphs seperated for easier reading, I'm on my Android phone and its hard to type presentable. Any suggestions?? This is very discouraging, I'm sitting here with lemon water while typing this. Plus a couple for healthy things I ate yesterday were not included to keep post shorter but I stayed 10 under cal and those items had no sodium.

Replies

• sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It's normal for your body to fluctuate daily - that is why it is best to just weigh in once a week... and women tend to hold onto water especially leading up to that time of the month.. so maybe that has something to do with it. Don't be discouraged though and don't beat yourself up too much. Keep at it for the next few days and I'm sure it will be gone again. :-D
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Dont weight daily, you'll go crazy.
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Dont weight daily, you'll go crazy.

This... Definitely!!! I fluctuate up to 3-4 from morning to night!
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Don't get fustrated. The scale goes up and down like a mini rollercoster sometimes. Go with how you feel and you feeling better? My husband and I generally weigh ourselves everyday but we only give credit to Monday mornings... I only give credit when I have seen the scale there for 3 days. I always try to be consistant after using the bathroom in the morning. If I go up a little I know such as 2 pounds I do not worry I use the scale as a guide not a bible I don't let it control me. We also step on 3 times each time just to make sure.
    We've just purchased a new scale and it works great old school with the dial front. Love it. We had so many issues with our previous one it would remember our weight and would not tell us when we lost weight..... hence why we would step on and off 3 times each morning for a weigh in.
    If your still concerned tomorrow, check your batteries. Otherwise just let your body rest, sounds like you've been working hard for the last week.
    Don't let the scale be your only guide.
  • calm81
    calm81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I normally try not to weigh myself daily, the reason I did was because I put on a pair of pants that were kinda loose on me when I started mfp and yesterday I put the same pants on and they seemed tighter! Can you really gain weight from too much vegetables?? I'm not due for * men skip next line* my TOM for at least 10 days if not more from now.
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I think one of the worst things people do is weigh themselves daily....those numbers mean nothing but it will discourage you. Please only weigh once a week. And better yet, you could monitor your success by measurements and body fat percentage....but I know it's hard to get away from the scale. It took me a long time to do that!
  • calm81
    Options
    Don't get fustrated. The scale goes up and down like a mini rollercoster sometimes. Go with how you feel and you feeling better? My husband and I generally weigh ourselves everyday but we only give credit to Monday mornings... I only give credit when I have seen the scale there for 3 days. I always try to be consistant after using the bathroom in the morning. If I go up a little I know such as 2 pounds I do not worry I use the scale as a guide not a bible I don't let it control me. We also step on 3 times each time just to make sure.
    We've just purchased a new scale and it works great old school with the dial front. Love it. We had so many issues with our previous one it would remember our weight and would not tell us when we lost weight..... hence why we would step on and off 3 times each morning for a weigh in.
    If your still concerned tomorrow, check your batteries. Otherwise just let your body rest, sounds like you've been working hard for the last week.
    Don't let the scale be your only guide.
    Thanks sally, and you're right about the old school dial scales....I miss those. My digital is .2 different when stepped on 3 times in a row :P
  • wealthygirl
    wealthygirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    For starters, CONGRATS on being so close to your goal! I know how you feel, especially when you've been sticking to your program. I still have a ways to go, but I'm grateful that I'm not where I once was. Now, what I've noticed is there are days where I gain after being "strict" about my caloric intake/exercise and its usually related to hormonal fluctuations and the sensitivities that come with it. Perhaps the Tabasco sauce isn't a factor on most days, but monthly hormonal fluxes may cause this sudden "gain" to appear. Another factor could be the amount of rest you're getting. As a mother of 2 girls (ages 11 and 5), I certainly know that it's not easy, especially with a 10mos. old and a full life to manage. My remedy is to do exactly what you're doing...plenty of H2O, proper caloric intake, exercise, and rest. Don't give up! :o)
  • seaKind
    seaKind Posts: 136
    Options
    i weight daily and it helps keep me in check. I highly recommend it, but be (mentally & emotionally) prepared for those fluctuations! I fluctuate around 4 lbs 2x monthly (ovulation and menstrual), regardless of water or sodium intake...
  • calm81
    Options
    I didnt know ovulation causes fluid retention. Learning something new everyday! :)