Good News and Bad News... Doctors weigh in

Options
2»

Replies

• MDeniseMur
    MDeniseMur Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love your post. You sound so happy and proud - and you should. I have often told people when they say, "I only lot a lb" to look at a one pound block of butter melting on a plate - that is one lb of pure FAT. I like the potato visual as well.

Are you and your doctor also tracking inches? The scales can fluctuate so much depending on time of day, time of month, etc.

Great job girlfriend!
  • HeftyHeather7
    HeftyHeather7 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I think the potato pic is a great idea! I might have to do that.

Do it for sure it was fun I thought a grocery store manager was going to come up to me and be like what the heck are you doing? I would of been honest and said putting my weight loss in perspective.
  • HeftyHeather7
    Options
    Congrats Honey!! I am so proud of you! And that's not bad news! That just means every time u thought u were happy cuz u lost weight, u actually lost an extra pound!! Congrats!! <3

Yes it all depends on how your outlook on it is It was a nice pleasant surprise :D I doubt when I do my home weigh ins I will take the extra step to subtract a pour I will just let it be a surprise at the docs every month.
  • HeftyHeather7
    Options
    Oh yea I would hate to have to lug that extra 35lbs again. I just wish it was more noticeable in my appearance it is to an extent but I don't feel like I look like Ive lost 35lbs.
  • HeftyHeather7
    Options
    Well done! My doctor's scales make me about half a stone lighter so I always go by my own scales as I don't visit the doctors all that often.

Great job, keep it up!

Thats what I think Im going to do I only go to the doctors once a month Im on the scale almost everyday at home but generally don't update my MFP weight till every Monday I like the larger losses so I think Im going to start logging my weight every 2 weeks so I will log it again on the 27th. I still haven't posted my doctors loss to my profile I need to do so today :D
  • dobielover1
    Options
    Awesome!
  • HeftyHeather7
    Options
    Keep on keeping on, you're doing a great job! I too love the pic with the potatoes. :happy: In a month or two you'll have to find something heavier to be snapped with - they won't sell big enough bags of potatoes. :wink:

I know what am I going to do when I need like 6 or 7 or lose all my weight and need 10 bags to hold up I don't think I could hold 100lbs of potatoes.

They say butter is the closest thing to true fat so I swear when I do a noter pic like this Im going to go to the bulk supplier they sell rolls of butter 10lbs and I will hold them if I can if not I will feel my cart with them and take a pic :D
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Dang, girl! You posted this on the 12th and I didn't see it til this morning. It absolutely MADE MY DAY! Love how excited and happy you are, and love the potatoes! Thanks for your post and I'll be watching for your next one.
  • HeftyHeather7
    Options
    Yes they say 1 pound of butter is the same as a pound of fat I think when I get into the larger numbers I will post a photo of a cart full of butter.
  • HeftyHeather7
    Options
    Bahaha I was just talking to my mom I want a crazy one for a bigger goal if its not out of budget I'm thinking a kiddie pool a swimsuit next summer and since butter is the closest thing to fat that will be it :D
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Yay yay yay!

Congratulations! That is wonderful progress. Keep going!
  • 1grammie
    Options
    Great progress. Keep up the good work. Love your enthusiam.
  • N0000377
    Options
    My Dr. office scale is always between 4-6 lbs more than what my scale says. So as long as you use the same scale all of the time (yours) and weigh in at the same time, you will get a more accurate reading. If you start at 275 on your scale and are 240 on your scale it is 35 lbs no matter how you look at it. Who cares what the Dr. scale says! Great job, keep up the good work!!!
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You are on a weight loss high and that is Amazing! Good for you! You truly deserve every minute of happiness and ecstasy you are feeling right now!! 35lbs. is a LOT of weight to loose and you are doing it right! Keep up the good work!
  • RubyWare
    RubyWare Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    WTG! What an inspiration you are!
  • Maddielen
    Options
    Don't worry about a calibrated scale.....as long as the number on whatever scale you use is going south, you're going in the right direction. Tracking decimals is totally immaterial until you're within striking distance of your last 2 or 3 pounds to goal.

Great job ...keep moving.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Great job with losing ! When I get discouraged I go to the grocery store and put pounds of butter stacked in my cart then say to myself all that was on me before I started to change my life. Guess I could start putting heavier things there now that I have lost 40+ lbs. It is a great visual reminder and 1lb weights that then need to be restocked lol.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great job! A friend of mine told me to go to the Pet supply store and find bags of dog food that equal your weight loss and then try to carry them if I needed inspiration or a reflection of how much I have lost so far. Butter or sacks of potatos would work too! Keep up the great work!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Take some pictures and compare them to pictures from your starting weight. Trust me on this one. I couldn't see my 35-pound loss until I took some current pictures and then compared them to pictures I took in the spring. Most people see big differences in their face first, and even though your shape may be the same, it will be smaller. Seriously. Go take pictures. :)

I know what you mean about the scale vs. floor. I leave mine in the exact same spot in my bedroom (hardwood floor) and never, ever move it because it can fluctuate by two pounds (up or down) if I move it just a few inches.
  • sandcgordon
    sandcgordon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic!!! I started a month ago and I am just now beginning to see results. ( I was always starving myself so my body is readjusting to food) You really inspire me! It is so hard to feel successful when nothing is physically changing!! So thank you! I needed this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!