Lessons from the 'World's Ugliest Woman"

Options
Wow! What an inspiration.

http://shine.yahoo.com/beauty/lessons-worlds-ugliest-woman-stop-staring-start-learning-184400606.html

Here's a bit of the article to give you some idea of her amazing story: When she was in high school, Lizzie Velasquez was dubbed "The World's Ugliest Woman" in an 8-second-long YouTube video. Born with a medical condition so rare that just two other people in the world are thought to have it, Velasquez has no adipose tissue and cannot create muscle, store energy, or gain weight. She has zero percent body fat and weighs just 60 pounds.

In the comments on YouTube, viewers called her "it" and "monster" and encouraged her to kill herself. Instead, Velasquez set four goals: To become a motivational speaker, to publish a book, to graduate college, and to build a family and a career for herself.

Replies

• Annabeellee
    Options
    It is people like her that make me proud to be who I am. Yes, I may be overweight, but the important thing is that I am doing something about it, not because I feel pressured, but because it is important to me that I lead a healthier lifestyle. I do not believe that a persons beauty can ever be defined by their looks alone, and seeing Lizzie so confident in herself is a true testament to her character and supports the mentality that "outer beauty" is NOT the only thing that matters.
  • Hellavaloosa
    Options
    What a great inspiration. Personally I think she is rather gorgeous! Thanks for posting... it is great to have positive role models - people who aren't victims of their circumstance but who overcome the obstacles in their lives through determination and positive persistence! Love it!
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    What a great inspiration. Personally I think she is rather gorgeous! Thanks for posting... it is great to have positive role models - people who aren't victims of their circumstance but who overcome the obstacles in their lives through determination and positive persistence! Love it!
    I agree! Your profile pic says it all. :flowerforyou: