fitbitultra

Options
did anyone buy the Fit Bit Ultra ; thinking about it any sugestions?:bigsmile:

Replies

• Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i love mine, but it is just like anything else, only you can do it. I find that I am motivated to log steps and even do stairs to get the floors in. I like knowing how I sleep and seeing the times that I am active. I have mine linked with MFP so my food logs into fitbit and it updates all day.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I really like mine. I wear it everyday and feel naked without it now. It does motivate me to move more and take the stairs sometimes :)
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I love it. It motivates me to move more. It can be frustrating sometimes when the company is having bug issues they are trying to work out like recently.

But I wouldn't give it up. I am addicted to it now.
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Love it! Ditto, it motivates me to keep moving and meet my goals! I have it linked to MFP and Endomondo ... nice little tool!
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My husband and I LOVE ours, and rarely are without them clipped on. Our's are linked to MFP as well. Makes it easy!
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Only had it for a couple weeks and I am totally addicted!
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have had mine since Feb and have loved it and still wear it daily to take my steps. However now that I am fitter, or maybe always (not sure) I have an Polar HRM and that shows me that my cals were over estimated by the FitBit. So I no longer sync it with MFP, but use the HRM to record my cals burned as I believe that is way more accurate than the FitBit. But for 5 mths it was great and likely somewhat accurate on the cals. Its a good motivator for me as if I see I have not made my 10K steps then I get out and walk in the evenings to get it done. I usually walk 3.5 miles in the mornings, but then my job is sedentary so sometimes I do not make 10K unless I walk again in the evenings or during the lunch hour.
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Love it! Ditto, it motivates me to keep moving and meet my goals! I have it linked to MFP and Endomondo ... nice little tool!
    I didn't know you can link it to Endomondo. If you have it linked to MFP already, what is the benefit of linking it to Endomondo? I am really interested. Thanks,
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    It's a tool. So it depends on how you use it. But I think the main benefit of it is that it's a great motivator. You tend to move when you otherwise would not. So sans all the other features, that alone makes it worth the cost in my opinion. Otherwise, it's just an expensive pedometer. The sleep tracking does not work at all for me. Moreover, I don't need it for that.
  • 4alison4
    Options
    I like mine, but the mf-er will not sync for the life of me!! Any suggestions?
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i love mine, but it is just like anything else, only you can do it. I find that I am motivated to log steps and even do stairs to get the floors in. I like knowing how I sleep and seeing the times that I am active. I have mine linked with MFP so my food logs into fitbit and it updates all day.
    Do you log your food in fitbit and it updated mfp or the otherway round? I log my food in mfp but haven't seen it update fitbit.
  • lessoff
    Options
    i love seeing the lifetime steps. my family recently went to disney world for 6 days, we walked 47 miles in those 6 days according to fitbit.com. can you believe that? (we did a lot in disney, we woke up at 6am every day and didnt get home til the parks closed, good thing my step son is 11 and able to handle all of that walking). i got 25k badges just about every day that week.
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    And I love mine too ....... only had it since Tuesday but I'm using it all the time.
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I really like mine. I wear it everyday and feel naked without it now. It does motivate me to move more and take the stairs sometimes :)

^^ This! I panic a little bit if I forget to put it on, haha. I also like that they email celebrating when you hit milestones.
  • Nikoah
    Nikoah Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like mine, but the mf-er will not sync for the life of me!! Any suggestions?

Check the trouble shooter on their web site. They have good suggestions, or contact them directly. They will walk you through it. They are really good.
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I just got mine today so i'm really just learning how it all works at the moment but i'm really excited about it. I've been wearing it this afternoon and have noticed myself going up the stairs more- just to get the floors up lol.
  • lessoff
    Options
    if your fitbit wont sync after you set it up, make sure that your base is plugged into your computer, you still need it to upload through fitbit.com in order to show up on MFP.
    mine was fairly simple to set up.
    also to see your steps taken go to the home tab and then click on check in. and it should be under the measurements where your steps show up. sleep shows up in there too (i do not track my sleep since i have to search for my fitbit in the morning, now i just leave it on my sink in my bathroom).
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Love it! Gives me a kick in the pants to get moving! Especially on weekends!
  • aussiestargazer
    aussiestargazer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have only had mine for 3 days and I love it - same as Joannie30 I went and climbed more stairs to get the numbers up to win teh next badge :laugh: - it is good to see how active or not you are across the day.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    For all you new Fitbit users, there's a group set up for all your Fitbit queries:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1290-fitbit-users

Enjoy!!