This is the place for new business ideas

Options
neverstray
neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
I dislike my job immensely. I might be ready to jump into a new business venture. I've been thinking a lot but can't come up with anything. I thought it might be interesting to ask the community what are services or products that you always thought, "I wish they had this". It can be anything from the mundane and simple, to the crazy. It doesn't matter, just let me know. It might be interesting and help spark ideas for me.

I'll start...

I always wondered why someone doesn't have auto parts delivery. I remember being a college and always working on my car, and having to somehow find a ride to an auto parts store for something while my car is half apart. I always thought, why can't I just call, tell them what I need, and within 30 minutes or less (like pizza) they bring the part to you (obviously, they'd have to have a truck with lots of alternatives and common things people need). Not that I would go into that business, but that's soemthing I've always thought would be a popular thing if you did it right and executed well.

Replies

• drewbird911
    drewbird911 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    People don't really work on their cars any more so I doubt the auto parts on demand would generate many $. Along the same lines I've always wanted a garage 'club' where you could rent bays/lifts and tools. These used to be more common but again with less people working on their own cars and the liability issue I doubt it would fly. Good Luck with your ventures.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i thought of the car thing. But, i don't want to talk negatively about any idea. Just let them flow forward. Doesn't matter if they are fully thought out. It's just about ideas.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    The problem you have is that people that have a great business idea and that make a good income are not going to share their business ideas with you. At this time of year in the UK I make around £800 a day from the business (September to April) but I can not share the business on the internet because I do not want other people in the UK getting ont eh band wagon!. I take it you are in the USA?
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I posted one in an earlier thread. It would be a suppliment for "toxin" removal from the GI tract. It would "work" to some degree.
    combination of aluminum/iron oxide, bentonite, activated carbon, and psyllium husk fiber. That combo might actually remove a toxin or two, the rest is all caca. If anybody's an entrepreneur I could use actual scientific literature to make the greatest sounding, bull **** product on the face of the earth for "cleansing".
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Auto parts stores around here will regularly deliver to service stations and auto shops, due to the volume of business. They have the drivers and the vehicles, maybe you could offer to pay a delivery fee and they would bring to a private residence.

If its true that 'no one works on cars' I wonder how to explain 5 retail auto parts stores within 3 miles on a main road near me.
    Car Quest, O'Reilly's, Auto Zone, Parts Plus, and NAPA.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    I have a fantastic business idea, that may work for you. It is very lucrative I can`t post it on here or you can pm me. It is completely legit and if I was wanting to start over at an earlier age this is the route I would be going with.

It would not take a lot of start up money...sounds shady, lol, but it isn`t. This is a great business idea and makes a lot of money in the UK and would work great in US
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    What's my cut of the profits?