Replies

• Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores
  • AmyParker979
    AmyParker979 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant has their jeans on sale right now for $29.99. They are uber comfy!! Try the "right fit" jeans.
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have had good luck at the Goodwill and consignment shops. I don't want to spend a ton of money on "temporary" clothes but I have to have something besides my workout outfits (which I would rather live in anyway). I currently only have 1 black pair of pants and 1 pair of VERY casual jeans so I'm in the same boat as you, however I'm not complaining!!!!! Bring it on. Too bad there isn't a way we on MFP could exchange clothes as we "outgrow" them. Sorta like the traveling pants......

^^This^^
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    goodwill, thursdays is dollar days, any item that is the days color for a buck! half my closet is from goodwill thursdays as is the top im wearing in my profile pic. i get so many compliments, people cant believe when i say i spent a whole dollar on it! any way, i like expensive jeans so i shop at goodwill to make it balance out. but anyway, you can get a pair of jeans for a buck on thursdays there or about five any other day. some saturdays they have 50% off. they have this tape at walmart you can use to "hem" them with your iron. its called iron-on hem tape. ive had to use it for my son.its like 5 bucks for the whole roll.
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I'd say try WalMart(:
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Goodwill and thrift stores are my go to right now. Picked up a few pairs of like new jeans for like $4 a pair. Goodwill is also one of the only thrift stores around here with fitting rooms, so I can try them on before I buy. They also run half off certain color tagged items too.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    If you are still planning on losing more weight why not head to Goodwill and get jeans there?

You can get a few pairs for a really low price! Than grab some of the iron on tape to hem and you're good to go.

Once you reach your goal weight you can buy new jeans and have them properly hemmed.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Ironically, some of my favorite clothes (pants, shoes, shirts) were picked up at a consignment shop. I only go there because I HATE going to a mall. For a while I was buying new jeans almost every 2 weeks (at the friggin mall). Now I have a closet with 3 pairs of $50+ jeans that are too big. My picture was taken 4 jean sizes ago. When you settle in to your ideal weight- splurge then.

You've got to admit that this is a fun problem to have though!
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Cato's
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    If they fit everywhere else, why not just hem them to your length?!
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Watch out for bed bugs at thrift stores...
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I rally like thrift store shopping. You can find some pretty nice stuff there!! Congratulations on your loss.:smile:
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    If you're in the UK the Inspire Range at New Look do a great boot cut in a great dark denim with a great quality to them- also high waited shorts that are adorable! The jeans are about £11.99 last time I looked and about £18 for the shorts :D
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I've lost 129 lbs since last October (not sure why my ticker updated). Anyway, it's starting to get cool here and I have no jeans that fit. If I find a pair that fit well everywhere else, they're too long. Before I didn't care what I looked like and honestly couldn't even fit into a pair of jeans, but I wanna look hot this fall!! I'm currently a size 18-20, but I'm still losing weight so I don't want to spend a huge amount on new jeans. Any ideas ladies? Where do you buy your jeans?

Sears, i buy Bongo brand. theyre stretch denim, so they cling better even after weight loss. Plus i have 4 pairs that are over 6 years old and are still in great shape.
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Second hand stores are a great place to get cheap clothe. You'd be amazed at some of the great stuff they have.

ditto this! otherwise, old navy and jcpenny always win with me. i have a hard time finding jeans too with the length, and i wear them kind of sitting on my hips, so most jeans i try on like id wear them are a mile long in the crotch :( good luck and congrats on your amazing loss!
  • Josette89
    Options
    Second hand stores are a great place to get cheap clothe. You'd be amazed at some of the great stuff they have.
    This :) or there is also Marshall's or Ross.
  • aleciaj7
    Options
    Old Navy has my favorite jeans right now, they're a slim boot cut in their plus size, the rise is low enough it doesn't make the muffin top worse & high enough that I don't feel like I'm falling out, they're just slightly stretchy & the dark denim is slimming & they fit amazing! I always love wearing them :)
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    There is a sale going on in JCP. They have some jeans on sale for $10-14.

Me too!
    JCP all the way.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Lots of good suggestions already. You are young so try to find a store with a Jr/plus dept. You don't want to end up with the dreaded mom jeans O_o
  • SFbarmaid
    SFbarmaid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Mostly thrift stores because I am a vintage and rad clothing collector. :)

I aldo get my joe's and blue cult jeans on ebay. try them on in store first to find your size.