retired nurse looking for support

Options
I am retired after working 42 years. I have gone back to work 4 days a month as not quite ready to retire fully. I am struggling with shift work and losing weight. Trying to get motivated with exercise and off the couch. I was doing well for awhile but have hit a wall.

Food can be an issue and hoping for some friends to help keep me motivated. Looking for some friends.

Replies

• marysue1965
    marysue1965 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello, Hope all works out for you.
  • Susy118
    Susy118 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'll be your friend and support you. :happy:
  • worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Oh yes...working on the floor with only the ability to snack for 12 hours...... Well at least you are down to 4 shifts a month so you can structure a better eating routine.

As for exercise, check out Debra Mazda's Shapely Girl DVDs andLeslie Sansone Walk at Home DVDs. Leslie has some free ones on her website so you can try before you buy. You can go to YouTube and see clips of Debra's videos.

With food, I encourage you to try some new recipes. Right now, my favorite websites are www.weelicious.com and www.sparkpeople.com.

With your daughter.....lead by example ;-)
  • Susy118
    Susy118 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I joined Jul 2011. But I didn't use this site to lose weight till recently. I have been using it daily on my iphone to track carbs...I'm a diabetic. Since using it to count calories & exercise too I have lost weight. :smile:
  • gratitudeandgrace
    Options
    Best wishes as you get used to retirement and find fun, off the couch activities to enjoy. I recently joined myfitness pal and today is the first time I have posted a reply, but reading through other posts and topics, I see that this group is very supportive for each other.
    Here's to all of us as we gain healthy skills, habits, and new friends. Be well!
  • kellys444
    kellys444 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think you should change your username to Mama Duck, since that is what your "fledglings" call you at work.