Weight loss: my clothes are all too high or too long!

Options
Undies that hit my belly button before, i can now yank up to practically under my boobs... Some undies ive had to throw away. Shirts, because theyre not being pushed out by a big tummy, now hang down past my thighs/butt. Lol...I've bought a few new clothes but i'm trying not too, after my first 20 lbs i went out and got three pairs of pants in the next size down, thinking theyd last me a few months... In one month they started to look too baggy, so now i have three other pairs that kinda fit, and im trying to wait a few more months before i buy more.

Lest ppl think this is a brag, i still have quite a ways to go, but it just feels so good to have my clothes going all baggy and long on me :)

Anyone else had this happen?

Replies

• niftyfifty47
    niftyfifty47 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had to throw out underwear too...it was in danger of falling down. I have been buying cheap and cheerful as I go down the sizes. I don't need quality in clothes that will only fit me for a couple of months. I want to save the money for when I hit my goal and then I WILL want quality. I got such a thrill out of getting rid of clothes that were too big.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Wow, 97 lbs... Great job! I cant wait til ive lost that much. Yeah, Target is my friend now that i'm losing weight-cheap, and i can at least find some basics there.
  • niftyfifty47
    Options
    I live in Ireland and I used to have to buy everything from catalogues....for fat people!!! Now I can go to our cheap chain stores and get stuff.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Yep - I've thrown away underwear too.

When t-shirts got too big to wear out, or even around the house, they got downgraded to pajamas. But some of them are even too big and sloppy to wear as pajamas now so out they go!
  • Seabring17
    Seabring17 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I have lost weight in my stomach and thighs but not much in my hips so most of my work pants are not only baggy but too long even with high heels. My problem is that even after loosing 20 pounds my 12's are too big but 10's are still too small. I did find that I have gone from a juniors 15 down to a 13 and in a couple of pounds I should be into an 11 comfortably. I hit a few summer clearance racks to get me thru fall.

Check out your local thrift and consignment stores. Good luck as you continue your journey!
  • niftyfifty47
    Options
    I too down graded T shirts to PJs but one that I can't beat to throw out is now like a tent on me...it bears the legend "I beat anorexia" lol
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I just bought size 12 jeans today, down from size 14. Can't wait to wear them tomorrow. W hoot W hoot!!!

XL sweaters, down from 3XL.

T-shirts down to a 1XL from a 3XL.

I am closet cleaning this weekend as my boss says my tops are sloppy looking, I suggested she take me shopping for new stuff. LOL, and she agreed. (Think I'll pass on her picking my clothes out.)

I am keeping a couple tops to show my progress.
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Definitely feel your pain. I was just saying the other day that my underwear is higher and my pants are lower. I'm constantly pulling my underwear down and pants up.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the progress!

Try shopping in the thrift shop until you get closer to your goal weigh. You would be amazed at the quality of clothing you can find for a few bucks. That way you're not out a lot until you get to a point where the speed of you clothing change slows down.
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've only been on this journey for a month and yesterday I was able to wear a pair of jeans one size smaller than what I was wearing before, what a great feeling. I cannot wait until I am throwing or giving away my current wardrobe. I have jeans in several sizes smaller than where I was at the start, either purchased on previous weight loss attempts or throwbacks from my "lighter" years so I will be able to use them to get me through this process. I agree that picking stuff up on the cheap will be my strategy to make it to the end. I plan on buying clothes smaller than anything I have in my closet by the end of 2013. So good to be able to share these milestones with others.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I have given away bags and bags of clothes to the charity shops since I started losing weight. I bought some new stuff from retail shops when I first started losing weight and lost so much I didn't even get to wear some of it. Now I just shop at the charity shops as well, once I finally settle at my ideal weight whatever that might be then I might consider buying new clothes, but the charity shops are amazing, I have had some great stuff from them, so may never shop in normal retail again unless it is something specific I need. Like underwear! Note to self - must purchase new undies - mine all way too big now, even my new ones!!

Even my SHOES are too big, jewellery, isn't it GREAT! :laugh:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    LMAO it must be throw away underwear day or at least thinking of it. Mine need to go to the trash and at the end of the month they will be gone.
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yes, jewellry, who would have thought, but the first thing that made me realize I was making some progress was a ring that kept slipping off when folding laundry, had to move it to the opposite hand and my index finger. Things you never think of - lol Hope my shoe size changes too. Isn't it a great feeling when you buy something you hope to wear someday and then actually never wear it because it ends up being too big? Worth every penny.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    since i was in total denial about gaining weight, i actually now fit into my clothes again :-)
    and until i am at my goal weight/size, i figure i'll buy my things at value village - the prices are good and if you look hard enough, there's usually some real nice, or even new (with store tags still attached) things around...
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I splurged and went to Victoria's Secret and bought 5 new pair of undies!! I have never shopped at VS before so it was a thrill....now I am hooked!! As my clothes have outgrown me I passed some of them on to a co-worker and when she couldn't wear the smaller sizes Goodwill became the recipient! So, I know for a fact that Goodwill has quality clothes...I gave it to them!! LOL.

On the jewelry subject...I was in Dillards a few weeks back and almost lost my wedding ring. It is getting too big for my ring finger and I noticed it just in time! I then moved it to my middle finger where it stays most of the time now! Hubby wants to resize it...but I want to wait! Hate to resize it too many times!