wii fit.....accurate????

Options
I weigh myself using a wii board and have been so happy with my weight loss, but i've heard a wii board is not accurate :( is this true??? does anyone else use one? xx

Replies

• crossroad2012
    crossroad2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Mine is not accurate on the carpet. My husband just cut me a piece of particle board to go under and now it shows my weight as being the same as my bathroom scale.
  • marmitebirdie
    marmitebirdie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    oh, im using it on carpet :S i'll take your advice and do it on a solid surface x
  • coll05
    coll05 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I personally think all scales are different and as long as you are going by 1 set of scales and not weighing yourself more than once a week. You should be fine!
    x
  • marmitebirdie
    Options
    i weigh myself once a month on my wii but decided to use a scale u pay for in town and said i was heavier than i was yesterday!!! as you said, ill stick to one set of scales x
  • niccibee44
    niccibee44 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yeah, i use the wii too. and on carpet .... but i asume as long as the numbers are going down its all good whether its completely accurate or not haha
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily on my bathroom scale, so when I use my Wii Fit, I weigh myself in whatever clothes I'm wearing at the time... Then when I go get on the Wii Fit, I use the custom weight adjustment on the right side of the screen and subtract the number of pounds difference I am now from my morning weight. So say I weighed 141 that morning, but when I'm going to do my Wii Fit & weighed myself in my clothes, I weighed 146. I would adjust the weight for my clothes to be 5 lbs. I've found that this actually makes the Wii weight fluctuations bother me a whole lot less. And I use mine on carpet too, using the leg extenders.
  • alittlemopo
    alittlemopo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    For those of you having trouble on the carpet with the Wii, are you using the leg extenders, made all the difference in the world, now it is the exact same as my doctor's scale. They are little gray discs that fit over the existing legs to raise it up a little out if the carpet.
  • marmitebirdie
    Options
    yeah, i use the wii too. and on carpet .... but i asume as long as the numbers are going down its all good whether its completely accurate or not haha
    lol nic thats my thoughts exactly!!!
  • marmitebirdie
    Options
    I weigh myself daily on my bathroom scale, so when I use my Wii Fit, I weigh myself in whatever clothes I'm wearing at the time... Then when I go get on the Wii Fit, I use the custom weight adjustment on the right side of the screen and subtract the number of pounds difference I am now from my morning weight. So say I weighed 141 that morning, but when I'm going to do my Wii Fit & weighed myself in my clothes, I weighed 146. I would adjust the weight for my clothes to be 5 lbs. I've found that this actually makes the Wii weight fluctuations bother me a whole lot less. And I use mine on carpet too, using the leg extenders.
    thats a brilliant idea!!!! as for leg extenders i have no idea lol. i think theres grey things already underneath so that must be them x
  • crazygracee
    crazygracee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Never use weighing scales (WII or normal) directly on carpet as the carpet absorbs the weight and everytime you stand on it, it will give you various inaccurate readings.

As someone suggested, let extenders are great as it keeps the WII from touching the carpet or best to use a solid board underneath if you really have to do it.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    They are accurate if placed in the right spot!

Any form of scale on carpet is NOT going to be accurate. My normal scale will weight me 20 lbs lighter if it's on carpet. Ensure the Wii Fit Board is on a hard, flat, level surface and it will be accurate. Just keep consistancy and use it each time you weight in. Don't flip between scales.
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I personally think all scales are different and as long as you are going by 1 set of scales and not weighing yourself more than once a week. You should be fine!
    x

I agree. I only use the wii board. No more bathroom scales because I get on it daily and then hate myself :)
  • kristen_lynn
    kristen_lynn Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i weigh in with my wii and have for 60 pounds now :)...
    this part is embarrassing, but hey, we're among friends here.....
    i flip my coffee table upside down and put the balance board on that rather than weigh in on the carpet :)

GHETTO but effective.

carpet can have a huge difference, even with leg extenders. i brought my wii to a friend's house once and it said she weighed almost TWENTY pounds less than she actually does. granted, she has fluffly beautiful high-pile carpet... but still. so we moved the wii to the kitchen and weighed in on the linoleum :) lesson learned.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    My Wii fit tells me I weigh about 2 stone less than I actually do - I love it!! lol. Thats on laminate floor and I never get the same readin twice. Could just be my board is buggered though :-)
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Accurate enough. Using the leg extenders, I pretty much match the scales. Granted, I'm using Wii Fit as a personal journal as well and a digital record of weigh ins. Helps a TON, and a bit more fun than carrying a dang notebook.
  • carilync
    carilync Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thats what i use
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options

5lbs of clothing? That seems a bit excessive.
  • marmitebirdie
    Options
    i weigh in with my wii and have for 60 pounds now :)...
    this part is embarrassing, but hey, we're among friends here.....
    i flip my coffee table upside down and put the balance board on that rather than weigh in on the carpet :)

GHETTO but effective.

carpet can have a huge difference, even with leg extenders. i brought my wii to a friend's house once and it said she weighed almost TWENTY pounds less than she actually does. lol gotta love t granted, she has fluffly beautiful high-pile carpet... but still. so we moved the wii to the kitchen and weighed in on the linoleum :) lesson learned.
    lol gotta love the ghetto method :P
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

5lbs of clothing? That seems a bit excessive.
    No, my clothes don't weigh 5 lbs, but if I know my morning naked weight was 141 & in the evening, when I go to do something with my Wii Fit, if I get on the same scale (in my clothes) that I weighed 141 that same morning, yes it's the clothes, any undigested food, water, whatever from throughout the day that are making it say 146. 146-141= 5. So I subtract 5, that way both the Wii Fit and my bathroom scale are reflecting roughly the same numbers. Everyone is entitled to do it how they please, but this works for me. I weigh daily just to keep an eye on the fluctuations. The only weight I generally record on MFP is my Saturday morning weekly weigh in. I just don't like to see the Wii Fit numbers jumping all over the place because I may be wearing heavier clothing or have had a heavy meal or drank a lot of water. So, again, yes, I will subtract 5 lbs, because I know that's what *I* weighed without clothing/food/water/waste that morning.
  • TeresaOH1
    TeresaOH1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea.... I have always just let the wii be off and always telling me "I have gained a little" :angry: