i just ate a whole day :-(

Options
Oh im so cross!!

for 2 weeks ive frequented the gym, gone running, abstained from alcohol (huge achivement!!) and stayed within 1200 cals......i FEEL really good and energised, however measured myself and weighed myself and nothing!!...not even 1/5 cm gone!!

i was feel pretty miffed about this and turned to one of thoses huge bars of chocloate.........and ate the lot!!! OMG i felt so guilty, but ive just logged it nd learned that what i really did was eat a whole day!!!

now im very gutted!

still im off to the gym this aft and bck on track but im so cross at myself :-(

Replies

• DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Oh im so cross!!

for 2 weeks ive frequented the gym, gone running, abstained from alcohol (huge achivement!!) and stayed within 1200 cals......i FEEL really good and energised, however measured myself and weighed myself and nothing!!...not even 1/5 cm gone!!

i was feel pretty miffed about this and turned to one of thoses huge bars of chocloate.........and ate the lot!!! OMG i felt so guilty, but ive just logged it nd learned that what i really did was eat a whole day!!!

now im very gutted!

still im off to the gym this aft and bck on track but im so cross at myself :-(

It's happens to the best of us. I remember one day eating almost half a gallon of cookies & cream icecream. I don't know what came over me, I was getting a bowl of it for my daughter & I just started eating it & I couldn't stop. I was disgusted with myself after, But I just moved on & got over it. You will do the same :smile:
  • alan589
    alan589 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Dont give in.

It was a moment of weakness and it has passed.

In the six weeks I have been dieting I have had two such moments but I have still lost about 20lbs so keep going.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Its done and you can't change it, so move on. Go to the gym, eat well for the rest of the day, and start fresh tomorrow.
  • jenneal89
    Options
    Agree with the above. Also, it's only been 2 weeks! You're doing a great job but it seems like you are expecting very quick results. You will get the results you want, just try to be patient even though it's super hard!
  • Mrs_Winfrey
    Mrs_Winfrey Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone here. I did not lose a single pound or inch in the first 3 weeks, then it really started to show on both the scale and on my body. I had a very stressful day yesterday and ate 9 pieces of a big Hershey's bar...and somehow remained under my calories *But those calories are NOT the ones I wanted to use up!!!

Just pick back up like you said, going to the gym and eat better the rest of the time. It is good to indulge every once in a while, it takes LOTS of time to develop that self control, especially when emotions are at the root of it! Your doing great, keep up the good work! :)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty. But don't do that again. It's silly. And it doesn' feel very good.

Besides, the first bite of chocolate is the best. You don't need the rest.

I'm going to make a suggestion. Drop the deprivation. Who wants to feel deprived the rest of your life? Eat whatever you want, but in small portions and mindfully so you're under your net calorie goals. Then you won't be as driven to go overboard.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    The road ahead is not a straight flat path. It is twisty and curvy, with bumps and large snow-peaked mountains that you have to climb. There are peaks and valleys as well as many wild dangerous animals that you will encounter. Every person alive has set backs and difficulties. You're not alone. Tomorrow is a new day to start over and keep moving forward.
  • lkpayne
    Options
    Good for you for still heading to the gym!
  • monpettitefleur
    Options
    Yay!!
    So I went to the gym.....where I also weigh in......and have lost 2lb!!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    It happens to all of us, I think at some point. It was just a rough spot, let it go and just don't make it a habit. Occasional falls do not mean you are out for the count! Keep up the hard work you have been doing!
  • toddjg
    Options
    My advice would be to focus on your successes and replicating them. Don't focus on your one failure (or any future ones). Sounds like you have a good attitude. Stay with it.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    keep it moving--don't dwell on it; you can do this :)
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    move on just one bad day among many more good ones
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Please don't break!! Tomorrow is a great time to start over! The good days will indeed surpass the bad.
  • DresdenMN
    Options
    Its done and you can't change it, so move on. Go to the gym, eat well for the rest of the day, and start fresh tomorrow.

This is so true. Keep telling yourself that you didn't gain the weight in one day and you won't loose it all in one day. It's ok for you to have slip ups once and a while. As long as you don't use it as an excuse everyday. Everyone has had slip ups and set backs. Don't get discouraged. Every day is a new day to prove to yourself that you have the strength to say "No."
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    also, make sure you are eating back your exercise calories to NET 1200 or whatever your choice for calorie goals are per day. I've upped mine to 1330 to better suit my BMR, etc. If I burn 200 calories exercising, then I eat another 200 cals for the day.
    That way I keep to my NET, and am able to stay on track without being hungry all the time.
    FYI, I always save some calories for my chocolate at the end of each day...you can still salvage your efforts. Do some exercise, and eat those cals back with lots of veggies and protein. :)
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Well done on the 2lb loss :) those bad days get me sometime ! all of a days calories eaten by lunchtime :( but straight back to it so that no damage is done :)
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    but ive just logged it nd learned that what i really did was eat a whole day!!!
    Try logging it first next time, it might make you reconsider.

But one day of overeating is not going to make any difference. You're fine!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Yay!!
    So I went to the gym.....where I also weigh in......and have lost 2lb!!

Water water everywhere!

Good news.