workout planning help needed!

Options
I need help planning my gym days... I have 3 days a week when I am consistently able to make it to my gym: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.

So... I guess what I'm trying to ask, is what is a good strength training plan to be split between 3 days? Should I do full body each time, or should I do a leg day, a back day, etc etc... I will also add that I am still relatively a noob at weight lifting >.<

Thanks!

Replies

• _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    i believe you should focus on a couple body parts instead of full body. the muscles need time to grow and repair..i would do something like

Back&Chest
    Legs&Glutes
    Arms&Shoulders
  • row_rivers
    row_rivers Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    try this!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gluhareff2.htm

i think the above poster has the same division. but yes, doing certain parts of the body per day, where about 8-10 reps per set is to failure (so whatever that weight you need so that the last rep or two gets really hard), should get you in shape. i say this because some of your weight training days are back to back...you wouldn't want to work the same muscle group in two consecutive days. but you will need to experiment with what weights you use. if you can do 15 reps at 15 lbs with ease for an exercise, start with something heavier. if 4 reps is too hard, go lighter.

ps. i love that you're making time and planning ahead!
  • victoriadw84
    victoriadw84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

I checked out the link you provided, that looks pretty awesome. I may try it as well :)
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Tuesday -
    Deadlifts
    GHR
    Roman Chair
    Farmers Walks

Thursday -
    Bench
    Pull ups
    OHP
    Dips

Friday -
    Squats
    Leg press
    Cleans
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    thanks for the link, row!! I love that site but it's ridiculously hard to find what I'm looking for... haha