Fat Burners?

I've been hearing a lot about fat burner pills lately and I have taken some before but I stopped because I realized they were no good for me and contained a lot of ephedrine. Do any of you take any fat burner pills? I'm just wondering if their are any actual safe/healthy ones that you could recommend... Most of the products I have researched, I don't recognize half of the ingredients that are in the pills.

Replies

• RachArmstrong
    RachArmstrong Posts: 17 Member
    Most of them that I researched seem to increase blood pressure; something I don't need.
    Also, a lot of them cause diarrhea too

Not pleasant :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    If fat burning pills really worked, there would not be an obesity issue in first world countries.
  • Try researching CLA's....they're supposed to help burn fat. CLA's were the only thing my local dietician recommended. If you go to a local natural foods store or a natural nutritionist they can give you a little more information. Try to steer clear of places like GNC and Vitamin World, as they'll probably try to push you towards a bunch of garbage you don't need.
  • nrf111
    nrf111 Posts: 23 Member
    Here are a few all natural supplements. They are going to be "quick miracle fixes" like some weight loss pills, but they will aid with weight loss and help with appetite control and increased metabolism if you are exercising and eating well.

http://www.drdavidwilliams.com/search/go?w=tonalean
    These are basically vitamins.

or

http://www.amazon.com/Durhams-Delight-Propolis-Beepollen-Capsules/dp/B003ALLHLM/ref=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1347638871&sr=1-2&keywords=bee+pollen+weight+loss+pills
    I know people who have had success with these or other bee pollen supplements.
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    In my opinion, the only good fat burner is that one that runs or gets on the piece of exercise equipment, meaning yourself! A good hour of running or elliptical is way better than any pill that might raise your blood pressure or hurt some other organ in your body. Exercise and diet is the key. There is no magic fat burner pill. Be consistent with your exercise and diet and the fat will come off.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    I take Green tea supplements (like one green tea pill a day) but honestly, I take them because I have some digestive issues and they, for some reason I can not explain, make my stomach feel better that actual stomach medication does. I don't really take them as fat burners.

As someone else said, if these pills worked, we wouldn't have so many obese people.

It is possible that appetite suppresents may work to help you eat less or that energy pills might make you feel more engergetic and thus more likely to excercise more. But I'd look into the side effects very carefully.

I took a "weigh loss" pill once. It was so much caffiene. Wayyyy more than the green tea has. It made me so sick I threw up and couldn't stop sweating and shaking. Be very careful with these.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    I workout AND eat healthy. I'm not trying to use these pills so that I don't have to do that... I'm going to continue eating healthy and working out my whole life because I enjoy it. I just have simply been reading up on body building and bodybuilding.com recommends a fat burning pill. I'm just looking for something to help target stubborn fat. I'm just trying to look at all my options.. I am 3 pounds from my goal weight. For those who think fat burner pills are a bad idea: What do you recommend then, should I increase my protein intake, change up my workout routine?
  • I have been working out and using a pill called "burn 60" from GNC. It gives me a great boost of energy if taken about 1-2 hours before working out. Other pills that have been given to me as a sample are too intense. They make me jittery and are unusable by myself. I really love these burn 60 ones though. Not sure if they actually help you burn more calories but they give energy to help me last through my long cardio sessions.

Hope that helps!
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    That's great! Thank you!
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    As everyone has stated above they really arent that great for you. . Ive tried almost every one on the shelf :( They can be helpful for those last few pounds that you just cant shed or you have special occasion that you want to fit into that special dress for. They are definitely not great for you long term.

Try some of the natural ones suggested if you feel you *must* try something :p

You dont seem to have alot of weight to loose. So just be patient with yourself you will get there :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    If fat burning pills really worked, there would not be an obesity issue in first world countries.

^^ THIS

There are a variety of pills to supress your appetite. Some work, some don't. But once the pill wears off, you're starving.