Super Low Calorie Banana (No Sugar Added) Muffin Recipe!

Options

Replies

• josol1971
    josol1971 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sounds great - thanks! May be adding some walnuts for added yum and nutrition!
  • TracyTucci
    TracyTucci Posts: 35
    Options
    bump
  • tjstieren
    tjstieren Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I just made this (made 12) so they were 53 calories a piece. I added some cinnamon and MY GOOD LORD they were amazing!!!!! Thank you so much for this recipe!!! A keeper for sure!
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how low calorie, and probably still yummy, home baked goods can be compared to the store bought kind loaded with crap.

Thanks. I am going to try these :)
  • pcgirl58
    pcgirl58 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump...gotta try...thanks
  • Mmmmmegan
    Mmmmmegan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • AmyJMadison
    AmyJMadison Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried finely ground oatmeal in place of flour in a arecipe like this? I don't always keep all kinds of flour in the house as that just makes me want to bake more. I am one of those people who just can't have it around or I EAT IT! But I always have banana and oatmeal..... so any experience with putting oatmeal in the blender untill it is fine as powder to use? I have a cookie recipe that uses ground oatmeal but it comes out crisp. Wondered if it worked in a cakey type recipe?

Thoughts friends???
  • valeriekey
    Options
    bump. looks good
  • Giovannismom
    Giovannismom Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump... trying it this weekend!
  • alfonsagust
    alfonsagust Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I heard about this from my dentist where did you get low sodium baking powder
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    can you get wholewheat pastry flour in the grocery store?
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried finely ground oatmeal in place of flour in a arecipe like this? I don't always keep all kinds of flour in the house as that just makes me want to bake more. I am one of those people who just can't have it around or I EAT IT! But I always have banana and oatmeal..... so any experience with putting oatmeal in the blender untill it is fine as powder to use? I have a cookie recipe that uses ground oatmeal but it comes out crisp. Wondered if it worked in a cakey type recipe?

Thoughts friends???

Oat flour should work, but I can't guarantee it... :smile: Isn't that how everything is these days?! Lol. Let us know if it works when you try it!
  • eating4balance
    Options
    I heard about this from my dentist where did you get low sodium baking powder

This is the sodium-free baking powder that I get: http://healthyheartmarket.com/bakingpowderfeatherweightsodiumfree.aspx
    I've seen it at whole foods, buehlers (local grocery store), health food stores, krogers, but I don't think walmart has it.

Stores are much more likely to have reduced sodium baking powder: http://www.amazon.com/Rumford-Reduced-Sodium-Baking-Powder/dp/B00628JS4S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347897727&sr=8-1&keywords=low+sodium+baking+powder

I hope this helps!
  • eating4balance
    Options
    can you get wholewheat pastry flour in the grocery store?

Yes, you can get it in the grocery store. You could also just use plain all purpose flour or unbleached flour. I prefer the whole wheat pastry flour and unbleached flour because they are less processed (and don't contain bleach obviously... Haha).
  • kenzbush
    Options
    bump!
  • radeema
    radeema Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mammiehorn
    mammiehorn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Please help. How do you save these recipes?
  • dzinter
    Options
    Bump!