FitBit Ultra?

Options
I've recently fallen off the wagon and gained 15 pounds in the last few months. I currently have and use a Polar FT4 when I go to the gym, but I've been thinking about getting a FitBit Ultra. I still have a birthday gift from my dad to pick out :) I thought it would be a good motivater to get back into working out/being more active.

Any thoughts from those who have one? Those who don't like them?

Thanks.
Trina

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Ive only had mine a few days. I set myself here on sedentary and then live the fact that when I sync my fitbit, I get all these extra calories that I can have appear.
  • Jamie_55
    Jamie_55 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just bought one as well. Still waiting for it to arrive though - the FedEx man is supposed to be dropping it off today. I'm very excited.
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I just ordered one, too, and am finishing up my third day using it...I love it...BUT...I am really questioning the calories I'm burning during my workout. I do a really hard 55 minute class where I'm sweating like crazy with 5 minute intervals between a treadmill and weights. The FitBit Ultra says I've burned 225 calories. I asked the trainers if they knew what people normally burn, and they said 400-600. I'm walking not running, but I'm walking upwards of 7mph for short bursts, 12% inclines at 5.7, etc...in other words, I'm not strolling along on the treadmill. Also, since I'm tracking food and exersice on MFP, I'm not doing double duty on FitBit's website...too much work. Not sure if this helps, but all in all, I like the product a lot, and it fits easily clipped to my bra or undies:)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    The fitbit won't track the calories you're burning whilst doing weights- you'll need a HRM for that I'm afraid.
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I like it for calculating my daily burn from just existing and walking etc. I love it for hiking to see how high I am climbing! And the sleep monitor is great. But I generally input my workouts with my calorie burn based off my HRM because I felt like fitbit wasnt giving me an accurate calorie burn for like running, etc.
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Well I did it. I stopped at Best Buy after work and got a FitBit. I still recorded my workout using my HRM, but it'll be nice to track steps and whatnot with the FitBit :)

Thank for the input guys.