two drinks a night - anyone? anyone? Bueller?

Options
My Diet is good, I've been under my calories every day and I also excercise Monday through Thursday. My downfall is I love the Rum. I'll do two glasses a night (rum and diet coke and I add it to my daily food intake), This has been kind of a way for me to unwind. I know if I cut it out of my diet at least through the week I would probably do much better and not deal with those "wasted" calories, but it just seems so hard for me to skip my unwinding period at night. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Replies

• LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I enjoy having a small glass of wine with my dinner. I just budget for it in my daily intake.
  • aclarke6006
    Options
    Hey rum is actually very low on calories. (clear rum- not spiced/dark) Just make sure to add it to your log. Diet coke is always something I shy away from personally because it makes me feel more hungry.
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have simply cut back I don't drink monday to thursday and when I do drink to get drunk it will be Vodka.
    I also drink a lot less at weekend the pub is no longer a major part of my life.
    Moderation is good I have had a change in life style I am not dieting and I enjoy a drink.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I love rum & coke.

That is all.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I drink 3-4 days a week even when I am dieting. I just have to budget the calories for it or know that I am going to be running an extra three miles for it.....works either way.

I actually lost weight a LOT faster the first six months I was dieting because I completely stopped drinking. But all my friends and my husband were begging me to start again because I was such a grump. :)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of wine in the evenings. I use to drink a lot more before but that just made me real hungry.
  • citizencrp
    citizencrp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry? What's the problem? You like a little tipple in the evening? And you log it? Are you an alcoholic? No? You're fine.
    However....Why are you advertising being UNDER your calories. If you're a few calories under, that's perfect, but the goal really is to eat your calories. Not obsessively eating exactly each and every single one or OMG, but if you feel like you're not losing weight and you're starting to suspect the rum, I'd suggest making sure you eat/drink all your calories for a while and see what a difference that makes.
    Edit: Not that I'm an expert, Obviously, but I'm doing ok and on track to lose 50 lbs in 1 year and I drink and I eat cookies sometimes but I think what I've learned that helps the most is to eat the right amount of calories...not to eat as few as you can. That's all.
    Salud!
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    As long as you're netting under goal, what you're consuming doesn't matter.

I net way under during the week, so I can consume all the beer my heart desires on the weekend. :)
  • ryovanovich
    ryovanovich Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same boat here... and I've been using it as a motivating way to get up and do that evening exercise... get up and do 30 min of elliptical, THEN have that glass of scotch.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you are staying within your calories its just fine. When you start to drink your calories away, then you have a problem.