What's your dinner tonight?

Options
Truly, honestly. Not your most impressive recipe :wink: Trying to get some real-life ideas.

Mine is chestnut mushrooms cooked with olive oil and garlic, some lettuce with balsamic vinegar, and a pitta bread with humous on the side. I've been trying to reduce my bread consumption, but it's Friday night and it's a treat... :smile:

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm going out for Italian. I will be eating garlic bread, maybe some minestrone soup, and probably either gnocchi or tortellini, followed by dessert. Most likely tiramisu or chocolate mousse. Oh! & cocktails! :drinker:
  • UniformMr
    Options
    Probably a modest slice of grilled slamon, a green salad, and a streamed veggie.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm going out for Italian. I will be eating garlic bread, maybe some minestrone soup, and probably either gnocchi or tortellini, followed by dessert. Most likely tiramisu or chocolate mousse. Oh! & cocktails! :drinker:

I hate joo.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Steamed lobster and corn on the cob - both without butter - and some garden salad with homemade Italian dressing.
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    Steamed lobster and corn on the cob - both without butter - and some garden salad with homemade Italian dressing.

Can I come round for dinner?
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast baked with greek yogurt, parmesan, mustard and garlic on top. With a side of asparagus sauteed with garlic and a little olive oil. Super easy and super yum!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I think we're having grilled pork steaks, pine nut cous-cous and corn on the cob...with a glass of wine, or course. :drinker:
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Grilled..Turkey burgers with swiss cheese, grilled zucchini and frozen(nomnom) grapes!
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    Grilled..Turkey burgers with swiss cheese, grilled zucchini and frozen(nomnom) grapes!

I just bought some grapes - I'm about to try freezing them for the first time ever!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Today
    whole wheat baguette with a breaded cod fillet from the oven, warmed sauerkraut and some mustard.

Tomorrow
    stir fried noodles with spinach, grilled chicken and sesame seeds.
    (toast sesame seeds, grill chicken. Heat oil in a wok, put in some chopped chili, then spinach, stir fry till spinach has shrunk, add cooked noodles, soy sauce and honey. Put noodles + spinach in a bowl, lay on sliced chicken, sprinkle over sesame seeds)

Sunday
    homemade tomato-basil soup (recipe: http://aweebitofcooking.co.uk/2010/08/02/fresh-tomato-and-basil-soup/ ) with some parmezan-garlic bread slices (slice a whole wheat baguette, slice garlic clove in half and rub it on the bread slices, grate some parmezan on it, put it in the oven for a while).
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    A Morningstar Farms veggie BBQ "Riblet", green beans with slivered almonds, and a baked sweet potato topped with a tiny sprinkle of brown sugar, some cinnamon and a couple hits of spray butter. Probably will have a couple vodka & ginger ales after dinner as I watch a movie or catch up on TV shows for the week. I like chillaxin on Friday nights.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Not sure about dinner..but I had a fabulous lunch. I have a spiral slicer that makes pasta like strands out of zucchini...so I prepared some of that...sauteed with butter spray and seasonings...then topped it with some shrimps that I sauteed in Cajun seasonings. OMG so spicy...and so yummy...and only 255 cals/4gms carbs/30gms protein! Woot!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Not impressive or fancy by any means but it's been my favorite this summer - 2 ears of fresh steamed corn on the cob, a fresh tomato sliced with a little salt, and a glass of skim milk. All for about 500 cals.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Mini quiches (egg whites, bisquick, Boca veggie scrambles, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and fake bacon bits) with some cottage cheese.
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    50g wholeweat penne pasta, a tin of tuna in spring water (drained), 2 tbsp low fat dressing, a few olives and some salad. Not enormously exciting but filling and less than 400 calories.
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    pizza night
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Baked Chicken with my Magic Gravy, Mashed Cauliflower with roasted carrots, and some steamed broccoli.
  • Just_Pam
    Just_Pam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hairy Bikers Spanish Chicken... it was yummm
  • pettyms
    pettyms Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Avocado pasta (tastes like alfredo)! If anyone is interested, the recipe is posted on the recipes message board.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    COMFORT FOOD!, home made veggie stew, garlic bread and a bottle of red!