Apple Tree Growing inside of my Apple! WHAT?

Options
kimmerroze
kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
As you can see, I just cut my apple in half, and the apple seeds have started sprouting INSIDE of my apple...

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I not eat my apple?

I am some what disturbed by this.

CIMG0958-1.jpg

Replies

• lisagetsfit
    Options
    I have never seen that before! I'm sure its fine to eat. Looks OK. = )
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    awwwww why do i find that sooo cute!?? like you posted a pic of a baby chick cuddling with a baby bunny or something!
  • kimmerroze
    Options
    awwwww why do i find that sooo cute!?? like you posted a pic of a baby chick cuddling with a baby bunny or something!

lol I am contemplating planting the apple seeds. lol see what happens.
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    We had one of those last week!!!! My daugher thought they were worms....I cut out the core and ate it anyway.
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Though it's interesting, it also creeps me out, I probably wouldn't eat it, but that's just one of my little quirks (the insides of green peppers creep meout too, haha).

Katie
  • SuzieR
    SuzieR Posts: 127
    Options
    Wow ... I find it a bit freaky too .... I wouldn't eat it but I might plant it! I'm sure it would be fine to eat it though :)
  • dcornwe
    dcornwe Posts: 73
    Options
    Im pretty impressed with the camera work and football arrows decifering the pic for us! LOL
  • smex14
    smex14 Posts: 48
    Options
    plant it plant it plant it!

It's trying so hard to grow, please don't eat it :) xx
  • kimmerroze
    Options
    Im pretty impressed with the camera work and football arrows decifering the pic for us! LOL

Hey! You never know who might need it! lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Put the 2 halves back together and plant the whole apple. The seedlings use the apple flesh to flourish! You will have lots of apples, not just one!
  • candysh0p
    candysh0p Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. I'd so plant it.
  • ladderhorse
    Options
    babbys first applebabby
  • allisoncrowell
    Options
    It is normal, apple trees need a dormant winter to grow healthy trees in the spring. What might have happened is once the apple was picked it was placed in cold storage before reaching the store where it sat out. This triggered the seeds to think they have spent time in the dromant phase and began sprouting when it warmed up again. I just had one the other day and I planted it in my classroom for my students to watch it grow and take home if they like :flowerforyou:
  • kehuizenga
    Options
    I had these happen with a bell pepper once--there was a baby pepper growing inside of it. I just ate the pepper and threw away the baby pepper.

I too found this cute.
  • charlottelouise12345
    Options
    So awesome! :D
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    that's so weird - I've never seen that before either!!
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    We find that constantly in our apples, I just cut out the core and eat away. There is nothing wrong with the apple, no need to waste it. I would plant one here to see if it grew, but its way too cold.