Intresting diet success I heard. what do you think?

Options
So today i was talking to a girlfriend who i hadnt seen in about 1 and 5months and shes lost about 30lbs! No starving, Always getting between 1200-1500 calories and moderate excercise. (which i love hearing anyway someone who did it a healthy way) Anyway we got to talking and she said she had alot of trouble getting started she would say she was going to start but her mind just wast there yet (my life story) so she said she ate everything and anything she wanted even too much, she was completly sick of junk by the time she went to bed, then the next morning she had a plan ready and did it, 5 months later she had reached her weight loss goal of 20lbs and then lost an additional 10 over the next year. She does not deprive herself now at all and she is able to not binge. Her theroy was she always fought the overeating and dieted and put herself on guilt trips so one day she just did it ate everything and as much as she wanted. Obviously not for everyone since you may not have the motivation the next morning from sugar the day before, but her dr did say it was fine and it wouldnt effect her health and thats what it takes for some people. What do you think?

Replies

• Briahkayleen
    Options
    I would like to try it, Ive been struggling hard and gainging lots. Just joined today and plan to grocery shop tonight, I would be intrested to see if it worked...Although im sure my diet is bad enough i wouldnt have to eat any different then any other day to get wayyyyy to much sugar lol. Basically im starting that by default i will let you know if it works for me.
  • Courtney_7790
    Options
    Welcome! Good for you starting to change your lifestyle. I also just joined today tired of being uncomfortable in all my clothes! Good luck with your new healthy lifestyle...and have fun grocery shopping!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fantastic way to get fat
  • Courtney_7790
    Options
    I'm not saying its the right thing for everyone, I dont think i personally could do it because it would cause me to want more however it did work for her and she has been able to keep it off as well...I think it just depends on who you are, I know many people it wouldnt work for however it clearly does work for some people as it worked for my friend and some of her co workers:)
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I think you are saying she ate everything she wanted to, but only for one day and then started a diet and Exersizes program the next day. Either that or she ate a fairly healthy diet with some treats when she wanted them and stopped eating when she felt full. Can you clarify.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Definitely interesting. Since I joined MFP almost 600 days ago I eat pretty much whatever I want every day and I've still lost 51 pounds. I just cut portions for the most part.
  • Courtney_7790
    Options
    she ate everything she wanted the day before she started after hearring a co worker tell her how it worked for her... im not saying its a great way but for someone like her who likes to binge eat it was her way of saying this is eat and a year and a half later it has worked for her
  • Courtney_7790
    Options
    also now that it has been this long she is able to add it in in small portions throughout her diet.... basically it was just easier fir her to start that way so she wasnt craving her favories for the first little but and was able to keep it up long enough to kick the cravings
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Now that you mention it I did the same thing. I even had a PB&J sandwhich on white bread and chocolate milk at around 11 the night before when I went to bed, thinking that the next day I was serious about changing my lifestyle.
    The next day I started with a plan that works for me with a slow weight loss and a food and exercise plan I can live with...and haven't felt deprived for 7 months.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Once you start eating nutritionally dense foods and working out 4 or 5 days a week you won't get as hungy and won't feel the need to bindge anymore. Personally, when I started I told myself I can eat anything I want, but not as often and in as large an amount as I used to. Now I have to make myself eat all my calories for the day so I don't have too much of a calorie deficit.