Just started JM 30 day Shred

Options
Just wanted to say, I'm cursed with being awkward, uncoordinated and bad knees. I must look like a lame duck flapping around trying to find the ground. I'm sure it's hilarious. I keep trying! I'm on day 2 and I'm sore. Still can't do the butt kicks the way I should. Everytime they come off the ground and get a tiny bit airborne I think, how the heck do they defy gravilty like that.

The good news, I feel it.... so I know something is working. Yesterday may have been slightly easier than the first day. Hell I'm giving it all I have, even though it's not enough.

I will most likely turn the 30 day shred into the 60 day duck races, but there's a reward right?

Maybe my kness will become my strongest attribute, Or JM will put me into the hospital.

I know many have had great results, anybody improve on weak useless knees? No injury! Just 49, knees overburdened from obesity, because I don't use them much. If I squat down to get something off a low shelf, I need help to get back up. This is even after getting down to 160 lbs, and lots of walking, hiking and bike riding!

Replies

• littlenoms
    Options
    I'm cursed too, but with asthma. :( I feel your pain! I must have looked (and sounded!) hilarious too, with all of my wheezing!

You'll be amazed how far you will come. I'm on day 29 - finishing up tomorrow.

I pushed myself as hard as I could on each level, taking necessary breaks. I found that by days 5&6 of each level, I could complete most of the moves!

The butt kicks got easier for me, and so did the pushups. I can actually do REAL pushups now!

Good luck! Have fun!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I just finished level 2. Have been doing the program since august. Every few days I go for a walk/run with my hubby and kids so it's been more than 20 days. I do each workout tho 10 times. Might have done more of level 1.lol. I agree that by day 5-6 you get better at the moves. Looking forward to level 3 tomorrow. It's a great workout....good luck!