Pizza!

Options
My husband and I starting making our own pizza.
We have been using Wheat sandwich rounds, tomato sauce, lots of veggies and seasoning then a sprinkle of mozz chesse. Just enough to hold it all together. Pop it in the oven for a few minutes and it is delicious! 200 calorie meal, unless you want more! 200 calories would be in 2 pizzas. Fills me up. Im in absolute love with this.

Replies

• 1grammie
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • hbhatt78
    Options
    Interestingly, the big calorie bomb in a pizza is not the cheese or oil (if making dough from scratch)... it's the dough! I like to make pizza at home. What we do is use a mix of whole wheat flour and all purpose flour to add some flavor and make it a bit less unhealthy. Then streatch out the dough as thin as I can, instead of a deep dish style. After that, just top it with our home made pizza sauce, tons of veggies, and enough cheese (not over doing it). Definitely makes up for the pizza cravings! :)
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Do you toast the rounds before adding ingredients?
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    ^^This!
    We make our own pizzas and the kids love it this way! My son won't order spinach pizza when we're out but if we make it at home, that's his request. How do you make your own dough BTW? We've just been using store bought. One piece suffices for me and it's not horribly unhealthy.
  • zooathome
    Options
    Ive had them toasted and not, and I really cant tell a difference. I season it w salt, pepper and oregano. Love it!