Activity level?

Options
I recently bought a pedometer and hfor the last week have been counting my steps.
I have been averaging about 6000 steps a day.
Would this alone, be enough ot put me in the lightly active role?
Or should there be more activity to be considered lightly active?

Thanks

Replies

• Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    What is causing you to walk this much?
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My wife recently got a FitBit to accurately measure her activity level from teaching school, chasing 4th graders around, on her feet all day, etc. It dynamically updates your MyFitnessPal targets with the appropriate net calories based on your current activity level, so there's no guessing.

FYI.
  • Rockgod
    Rockgod Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am going out of my way to walk htis much.
    I have read that the average person should be taking 10,000 steps a day, but I figure that was estimated back in the day before everything was at our fingertips. Is 6,000 steps a day a lot?
    I am a computer geek and usually sit at my computer all day, but lately I have been walking to everything I need to instead of remotely connecting to devices or I'll walk to someone's office instead of calling them.
    I work at a ~1 mile campus and have been walking across campus as much as I can.
    When I started MFP, I listed myself as sedetary due to the fact that I didn't get out of my seat much. I want to at least change that to lightly active.
    I think this mught push me over the edge, but wasn't sure.

I will look into FitBit...but I have never heard of it before.

Thanks...