BMR - different readings ??!!!

Options
Hi,

So I have checked over my BMR and have just used 4 calculators inc MFP. Two say 1298 inc MFP and two say 1404 so which is right?

My stats are:

Female
Height 5'' 2'
129 pounds
22 years old

Also what is my activity level? I work in an office job monday - friday (alot of sitting down) BUT i exercise 3 times a week for an hour and on average burn 500-600 calories per session according to my HRM monitor. So I assumed I was lightly active instead of sedentry - is this right?

Currently I am set to eat 1335 calories a day and DO NOT eat exercise calories back.

Can someone advise if my stats are correct and which BMR is the correct one?

Thanks.

Replies

• now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I would average the results.

They are all a math equation so that's why they have differences. There's no way to tell which one is right unless you have it professionally tested.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Check here http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
    And I would make sure ur NET is between the BMR and the number by ur activity level. This is what I'm trying to do. It's called eating more to weight less.
  • spottedlee
    Options
    I would average the results.

They are all a math equation so that's why they have differences. There's no way to tell which one is right unless you have it professionally tested.
    Agree. Same true for calories burns. If I get different numbers, I just average it out or take the lower number.