I have a very serious relationship with FOOD

Options
I decided i had to do something about my weight, ive heard about this sight from a few friends, I got married last june and have gained 30lbs since then! My husband works alot as he is in the marines and leaves often, He has been gone for about 11 months now, and i find that i just EAT all the time and not good food like i used too, I eat when im sad, i eat when im happy, stressed I associate food with everything, I dont work so Im at home all day except when im at gym. I do not want to be fat when my husband comes back but to be honest i have no idea how to go about it... i have never struggled before with my weight. Im looking for any help i can get...I want to feel good and look good when my husband gets home...

Replies

• Briahkayleen
    Options
    bump
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    While getting MFP pals will help, I suggest you seek out friends that you can go out for walks with and socialize in person. You need a distraction from food and being out of the house will help. If you post where you are from, there may be MFP people who live near you and could become a support for you.

(Is there no one a the gym that you can spend time with?)

Good luck
  • MattPBTX
    MattPBTX Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, it takes time to learn how to eat better. Replace this for that. Learn healthy recipies. Learn portion control. Take into account your snacking when you do your main three meals so that way you're not over eating. It takes a ton of patience! You will get there eventually :) Add me if you would like some company on your journey!