Chalean Extreme

Options
Thinking of starting Chalean Extreme again. Either that or Insanity. I did it, but ended up not finishing. That was my own doing and my own excuses. Ran into some issues along the way that I allowed to put my workouts to the side when I could have just pushed through them. Planning on starting 10/1, but push it up to this Monday. I know it works...just need to keep myself with it.

Replies

• zirk95
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting it too, and am also contemplating this or Insanity. Which is better for weight loss and toning??
  • KimALesperance
    KimALesperance Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I personally think for toning and losing Chalean is the way to go. Insanity uses a lot more plyo moves than some like, and that is definitely something I noticed I need to work on (my lower body) after finishing my first round of that. I like Insanity and will give you awesome results, but it's a lot more intense on the Cardio end. To some extent, it really comes down to something you can stick with. Not sure how I want to incoporate more cardio in to CLX. Running, TF, or Insanity, or perhaps just follow the CLX program and see what that does on its own. I have a tendency to over do it and then overwhelm myself with to much. That being said, I always get so excited when I get a new program that I do that. Have you ever done any of the other Beachbody programs?
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    CHALEAN EXTREME!!!!!!!!!

I had great results with it. Got to my lowest weight ever and had actual muscle definition. And I looked forward to doing it. It's fun and goes by quickly even tho the pace is slower. Still hard and challenging tho for sure.
  • Helen_Ch
    Helen_Ch Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I did a hybrid of Chalean Extreme and Turbofire last spring and saw some great results! I found the key with Chalean Extreme is that you have to really do the full 90 days. I didn't see a lot of results until the last month with it.
  • KimALesperance
    KimALesperance Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I tried the Hybrid myself, but sometimes life got in the way and when I couldn't do that, I moved on to something else. 2 jobs, with one working me late into the night a couple nights of the week and early on the others, and a kid make for a crazy life. Just need to push through those days I guess. Getting back on board. And then perhaps I will fully tackle Insanity. Or maybe something else!
  • DuckieMom
    DuckieMom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm new to Chalean, and I will be starting Chalean Extreme on Monday.....any tips?
  • stacey1981
    stacey1981 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm starting ChaLEAN Extreme on Monday the 24th:)
    I'm new to Chalean, and I will be starting Chalean Extreme on Monday.....any tips?
  • spanglevie
    spanglevie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I did a hybrid of Chalean Extreme and Turbofire last spring and saw some great results! I found the key with Chalean Extreme is that you have to really do the full 90 days. I didn't see a lot of results until the last month with it.

I'm glad you have said that as I have just finished the first month and was disappointed when I did my measurements. I've had comments from people saying my body shaper has changed, but when I did the measurements only my hips were any different. I'd lost an inch, which I'm really pleased about but I thought I may have lost a bit from other areas too. I love the programme though. I'm in my first week of the PUSH phase now.