Intermittent Fasting?

Options
Hello everyone,
Has anyone here heard of, or tried, the "Warrior Diet" or any other type of intermittent fasting diet, or something similar??
I am Type I diabetic, and have trouble with insulin resistence. I heard that Intermittent fasting can help increase insulin sensitivity and mitochondrial efficiency. Anybody?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    IF does seem to do some of the things you describe.

However I would drop the orange juice first.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    I am not a diabetic, but I'm just now moving into IF. Giving it a try to just change things up
  • Louiyen
    Options
    There are several topics regarding about IF. I'll read up on leangains.com or Brad Pilon's book " EatStopEat".
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    When I started at 379 pounds my A1c was 8.9 and after 90 days working out it was 4.4. I used HIIT training to help me progress and get it down. I tried intermitent fasting and liked it. I was running a lot and didnt do well with my lifestyle. Now that I'm lifting heavy and doing crossfit I may add it in again.
  • MissLuana
    Options
    Mark's Daily Apple is a good place for information too.
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have been on IF for about 2 months and I think even when I have lost the wait I will keep doing it for all the health benefits. If you want to know details send me a MSG and I will share a ebook called eat stop eat. Also check this documentary

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfna7nV7WaM
  • matroma
    Options
    I've been wondering the same. I have a high-ish A1c and insulin resistance. I'm going to look into it!
  • Strawberrypop
    Strawberrypop Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do it, really working for me. Currently working with the JUDDD method of alternate day fasting. Making me feel "normal" again because every other day I can pretty much eat what I want as opposed to having been constantly dieting and denying myself tasty food. I have the tendency to binge and this is curbing that completely...and I'm losing weight at a good steady rate. Love it.
  • shelbyweeeee
    shelbyweeeee Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    This is the link to the IF group here on MFP.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/49-intermittent-fasting
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    It works very well for me I do alternate day fasting since I overeat on the weekends
  • cirqfan
    cirqfan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can't say much about IF but I do know a bit about Insulin Resistence. I was pre-diabetic/insulin resistent for 10 years and have just been deemed "normal" by my doctor. I've followed the glycemic index on food and cooked (intermittently over the years) following Slim Forever - The French Way by Michel Montignac. I recently picked up and read Syndrome X. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that's been diagnosed as being PD/IR. It's an easy read written by 3 doctors and contains basically everything you need to know and do to get you body back on the "normal" track.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Mark's Daily Apple is a good place for information too.

No.
  • rmf626
    Options
    I just started the ESE method. I thought I wouldn't be able to do it, but I am pleasantly surprised that I am doing well. I finished my third fast day today. I plan to keep going.