Funny Feet

Options
Ok...I get my cardio from mainly the treadmill and eliptical. Over the last 3 years I have noticed once I get to about 25 mins (no matter the intensity) the balls of my feet start to get that my-foot-fell-asleep feeling. I figured it was cause I was heavy, so I toughed it out. Next I lost a bunch of weight. It wasn't as bad, but would still get the feeling so I then assumed it was my shoes. I've tried a ton of shoes and still to this day (literally...it happened this morning) I get the same damn feeling! Both feet at about 30 mins now! Anyone else get this or do I need new feet???

Replies

• vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I get this too and it's so annoying! Although, it's mostly in my left leg which is my "bad" leg.
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    I get this too and it's so annoying! Although, it's mostly in my left leg which is my "bad" leg.

so i DO need new feet! :)
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bump! I get this too and have always wondered how to change it!
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It happens to me on the elliptical but never on the treadmill. We must be hitting some kind of nerve on the elliptical or something which sort of cuts off circulation? Heck, I'm no doctor...all I know is that it's annoying!!
  • berryjk
    Options
    I've thought circulation too, but you'd think being on my feet ALL day, exercising, eating right, lifting weights and quitting smoking would result in good circulation?!
  • csolo634
    csolo634 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I get this as well and spoke to a physiotherapist about it and here is what she told me could be a possibility.....

There is a lining that surrounds all our muscles and allows the muscle to flex and bend with less friction. This lining in most people is very elastic but it may not be in my case. The result of this poor elasticity is, when the muscle in the calf swells with the increased blood circulation brought on by exercise, because the lining can not expand it creates a constricting effect on the blood vessels in the calf reducing blood flow to the rest of the foot. For me my right foot goes numb.

As I have lost weight I have found the numbness in my foot has decreased. I'm no expert but the explanation given to me makes sense....not sure how to remedy the problem.
  • berryjk
    Options
    I can see logic in that explanation since my calves do start to get sore around 30 mins!
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    I get like this as well...the cause is plantar fasciitis
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to get a pair of good, supportive shoes. If you are mostly walking on the treadmill, get walking shoes (as opposed to running shoes). Perhaps cross trainers would work? Running shoes are very important if you are running and should be ok on an elliptical too.
  • berryjk
    Options
    Maybe try to get a pair of good, supportive shoes. If you are mostly walking on the treadmill, get walking shoes (as opposed to running shoes). Perhaps cross trainers would work? Running shoes are very important if you are running and should be ok on an elliptical too.

yeah...I went and spent a pretty penny on what I was told was a good running shoe. They are wonderful, but still didn't fix the problem :( but they are pink! :happy:
  • CupcakeRunner6780
    Options
    I get it when I use the eliptical machines. I don't get it when I run though. Maybe it's the way you are running. Do you have a "bounce" when you run or do you hit hard?
  • CupcakeRunner6780
    Options
    I have Asic Nimbus 14. They have a lot of bounce in them.