things you've done that you never thought you would....

Options
1. as a spouse/significant other

2. as a parent (if applicable)

3. as a friend

4. as an employee

5. as a sibling

6. as a daughter/son

7. being adventurous

8. for yourself/to yourself

9. as a student

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

I never thought I could seriously be with someone FOREVER

I never thought I'd want a family so badly--still don't have one

3. as a friend

I never thought my best friend would be the one that will always be the furthest away

4. as an employee

I never thought I'd worry about meeting expectations.

5. as a sibling

I never thought I'd be an absent sister and not really KNOW my siblings the way I should.

6. as a daughter/son

I never thought I'd reconcile things with my dad.

7. being adventurous

I never thought I could move to a completely new place all by myself without knowing anyone.

I never thought I could develop an eating disorder.

9. as a student

I never thought I'd stop taking grades so seriously, whew. I'm glad I finally have.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    1. as a spouse/significant other - Never thought I'd fall in love overseas!

2. as a parent (if applicable) - N/A (hopefully someday)

3. as a friend - Never thought I'd "lose" some of the people I called "best friends" :(

4. as an employee - Never thought I'd stay in accounting for so long (even if its only 4 years lol)

5. as a sibling - Never thought I'd want to help my big brother get on his feet (should be the other way around?)

6. as a daughter/son - Never thought I'd move an hour away from them

7. being adventurous - Never thought I could surf!

8. for yourself/to yourself - Never thought I could finally feel financially comfortable being independent and on my own

9. as a student - Never thought I could get my MBA and be on the road to a CPA
  • JLand918
    Options
    Do you make surveys for your job? Just seems you create many on here :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    1. as a spouse/significant other - Smacked him.

2. as a parent - Decided to be a stay-at-home mom

3. as a friend - Forgot by best girlfriend's birthday

4. as an employee - Freaked out at the owner of the company yelling obscenities at her

5. as a sibling - Grown distant from my brother

6. as a daughter - Forgotten my mom's birthday :(

7. being adventurous - Freefall from 10,000'

8. for yourself - Earn a black belt

9. as a student - Honors
  • MrsAzriel
    MrsAzriel Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Be married to my best friend

N/A at this point

3. as a friend

Have so many friends that are either older or younger but few my age.

4. as an employee

Dread going to work

5. as a sibling

I don't have blood siblings but I have two "brothers" that I never thought I'd have

6. as a daughter/son

See my parents as people with faults and accept them

7. being adventurous

Jump off a cliff

Start running again

9. as a student

Still have no idea what I want to do, even after getting a BBA in Accounting and Business Admin
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    1. as a spouse/significant other ~ I never would have thought I would fly back and forth for a long distance relationship (on top of even ever having a relationship... Guys weren't exactly fighting to get my attention before I met my spouse)

2. as a parent (if applicable) ~ I never thought I would be almost Zen... or want to be a modern day June Cleaver.

3. as a friend ~ I never would have thought that I could have so many "best friends" turn into acquaintances.

4. as an employee ~ I never thought that I would have a horrible work ethic (seeing as I am on MFP right now instead of working is testiment to my work ethic)

5. as a sibling ~ I never thought I wouldn't be talking to my brothers on a continual basis instead of ever few months

6. as a daughter/son ~ I never thought I would be as close to my mom as I am (we butted heads a lot when I was living at home and it wasn't until I was about to be a mom myself that I started to call her nearly nightly)

7. being adventurous ~ I'm not quite as adventerous as I want to be.

8. for yourself/to yourself ~ I never would have thought that I would have been as introverted as I have become.

9. as a student ~ See number 4... it nearly cost me graduating... even though I had a 3.25 coming out of Jr College.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Do you make surveys for your job? Just seems you create many on here :)

haha. I get bored. LOL.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    1. as a spouse/significant other - I have done my spouse

2. as a parent (if applicable) - No way, gross.

3. as a friend - I have done a few friends

4. as an employee - I did one employee, she was hot.

5. as a sibling - Nope, but I pinchd my sisters *kitten* once as a joke.

6. as a daughter/son - Grosser than the parents one.

7. being adventurous - During a 4-some I smacked my buddy on the *kitten* and told him GREAT JOB

8. for yourself/to yourself - ALL THE TIME

9. as a student - No, but I wanted to. My 7th grade histroy teacher was HOT.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    1. as a spouse/significant other Leave him

2. as a parent (if applicable) Bury my daughters husband less then a year after they were married :sad:

3. as a friend Lose touch for years

4. as an employee Work for this company as long as I have

5. as a sibling Not talk to my little sister for years. Her meth addiction makes me stay away from her.

6. as a daughter/son Have to tell my Daddy I was pregnant when I was 16.

7. being adventurous Eat octopus

8. for yourself/to yourself Get a tattoo

9. as a student Drop out
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    1. as a spouse- Never thought I would truly be able to not always have my way but I have learned to negotiate

2. as a parent- Never thought that I would cry so hard when my oldest daughter left for college

3. as a friend- Never thought that I would have the same best friend from middle school to adulthood! talk everyday and live next door

4.as an employee- Never thought a boss would make me mad enough to curse them out after I handed over my two weeks notice

5.as a sibling- Never though that my baby sister and I would feel as close to each other as we do. She's 15 years younger than me

6. as a daughter- Never thought me and my mom would some day understand truly where the other is coming from

7. being adventurous- Never thought that I would find the courage to learn to swim after my near death drowning

8. for yourself- Never thought that I could love others so much that I would neglect myself all together

9.as a student- Never thought that I would keep pushing through high school and get my advance diploma with a baby, go to college and graduate Summa Cum Laude with two kids, but I did it!! Now my oldest daughter is a senior in College, will be graduating with honors! We beat the odds!! Not statistics!! Praise God!
  • LadyBuell
    Options
    - have 3 of them.

- have them 11 years apart

3. as a friend
    -have one since high school

4. as an employee
    - be here 8 years

5. as a sibling
    - be so close geographically but so far away

6. as a daughter/son
    - be so close geographically but so far away

7. being adventurous
    - ride my motorcycle almost 3000 miles with people that I talked to on an internet forum and hadn't met until i joined up with them for the ride

- get this heavy

9. as a student
    - not put my degree to use
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Never thought I'd be able to leave someone for not being good enough for me.

N/A unfortunately

3. as a friend
    Never thought I'd lose touch with all of my friends who now have children and families.

4. as an employee
    Never thought I'd respond to an email on the weekend.

5. as a sibling
    Same as friend.Never thought I would lose touch.

6. as a daughter/son
    For my dad. Never thought I'd put my foot down and tell my dad how he's negatively impacted my life, and what an idiot I think he is.

For my mom: Never thought I would truly appreciate and understand all the hard work that

7. being adventurous
    Never thought I'd want to train for Tough Mudder.

Never thought I would want/fall in love with lifting.

9. as a student
    Never thought I'd be the one who sets up a study group and convinces people to attend the group on a Saturday.
  • LoneR113
    Options
    1. as a spouse/significant other - Cut short my hair & got rid of bike

2. as a parent - Allow my daughter's b/f to live in

3. as a friend - Stay friends with the one who got another friend's wife pregnant!

4. as an employee - Take courses in caring & Samaritan work

5. as a sibling - N/A

6. as a daughter/son - Make a drunken approach to my dad's wife!

7. being adventurous - Go to a gay pub as a straight Guy

8. for yourself/to yourself - See number 1

9. as a student - Walk out of class after registration to go to work.
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    1. as a spouse/significant other- I never thought I would leave my country to be with my SO.

2. as a parent (if applicable)- I always thought I would want kids. At the moment I can't imagine having any.

3. as a friend- I imagined I would have more.

4. as an employee- I never thought I wouldn't be "the best" (and I'm not)

5. as a sibling- I never thought I would get to be there for the birth of my sister's son.

6. as a daughter/son- I never thought my mom would end up being my best friend.

7. being adventurous- I never thought I would attempt to train for a marathon.

8. for yourself/to yourself- I never thought I would alienate myself from others so much.

9. as a student- I never thought I would WANT to go back to school!
  • rhvandan
    Options
    1. as a spouse/significant other- fall out of love with him.. then fall back in love more than ever! Celebrating our 10 year anniversary this November 1st.

2. as a parent (if applicable)- Have twins. Survive having twins. Stay coherent after having twins. Go completely insane during the first 9 months we had our twins. I am ashamed at the crazy places my head went... but 9 months without more than an hour or two of sleep a night and you get a bit delusional.

3. as a friend- lose all of the friends I had as a kid. Make new ones. It happens, but you never know.

4. as an employee- stay at this job for 5 years. I went through a BAD time here 3 years ago. I didn't think I'd survive, yet I did, and flourish.

5. as a sibling- I'm an only child.. so moot point. :)

6. as a daughter/son- not talk to my mom for a year based on a fight I had with her girlfriend. I am still hurt that she didn't defend me when that psycho went off on me for no reason.

7. being adventurous- Ran a half marathon. That, for me, is adventurous.

8. for yourself/to yourself- I'm still figuring out who I am. I'm much more comfortable in my skin than I was 10 years ago though. I dont feel like I need to prove anything to anyone anymore. It's quite liberating.

9. as a student- not graduate college. I fully intend to remedy that situation once my twins start kindergarten.
  • facingfortyfierce
    facingfortyfierce Posts: 5,156 Member
    Options
    1. as a spouse/significant other .......Jump off a cliff together

2. as a parent (if applicable) ......Get that CRAZY mom voice

3. as a friend .....Dislike their husband

4. as an employee .......Quit

5. as a sibling ......Completely lose it when we were in a fight

6. as a daughter/son .....Watch my Dad get taken by cancer, bit by bit.....Cancer Sucks *kitten*!

7. being adventurous .....Ride in a helicopter

8. for yourself/to yourself ......Get lasik eye surgery

9. as a student.....Become a cosmetology instructor
  • dandaninc
    Options
    1. as a spouse/significant other - gone shoe shopping

2. as a parent (if applicable) - slept on a couch for 2 years

3. as a friend - I would do anything for my friends Not applicable

4. as an employee - worked from 4:30am-2am 6 days a week for 6 months

5. as a sibling - stopped speaking to my family (talking to them all again)

6. as a daughter/son - stopped speakig to my parents for 10 years. (loving them to pieces again)

7. being adventurous - went for my AFF in 2006 and am now going back for it in March 2013 (skydiving license)

8. for yourself/to yourself - got really fat

9. as a student - failed a subject