HELP! I Cant stop bingeing

Options
I want to get on track so bad but ive been really stressed out.. I dont know whats wrong with me! I feel like I cant stop bingeing day after day

any one else have/had this problem? what did you do???

Replies

• mandiam
    mandiam Posts: 109
    Options
    start your day with a run or bike ride--- starting if off right is key for me :)
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    With binging it's really easy to fall into the mindset of "Well I've already f*cked up today, I'll stop binging tomorrow."

You need to kick that to the curb right now.

Even if you slip up and binge in the morning, afternoon, whenever, that doesn't mean you've ruined that day and you should keep on binging. That'd be like dropping your phone on the floor and saying "Well I've already dropped it now, I may as well smash it until it's broken."

Start your day of healthily. Have a healthy breakfast. Take a walk. Write a list to remind yourself of why you're being healthy/losing weight. Rearrange a room. Eat healthy snacks. If you feel like you're gonna binge and not be able to stop, leave the house. Go for a long walk, until that feeling has passed. Motivate yourself.

If you do slip up and binge, that's okay. Take a deep breath, back away from the situation, drink a glass of water, and stop. Do NOT beat yourself up about it. Mistakes happen. The most important thing to remember is that a few little blips along the way are not enough to derail you, because you're not going to let that happen. You are your own best support system, you just have to utilize it.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    i have had serious issues with binge eating. Google 'how to stop binge eating' I have read some really powerful stuff that helps me a lot.
  • BiggestLittlePurdy
    Options
    remember you can't change what has already happened. just because you binged at lunch doesn't mean the day is shot. I know that if I don't have enough protein the binge is more likely to happen. I also know the feeling of anxiety that triggers my binges. Try to keep safe foods in the house. If I binge now it's on sugar free jello pudding and gold fish crackers and not lays potato chips and cookies. I'm not saying allow yourself to binge, but be aware that those emotional triggers sometimes get the best of you and it is good to have something in the house that worn' derail all the work you've done.

another mental trick is to say out loud why you are eating. "i am eating because my friends are *kitten*." now you are in control.

good luck, I totally understand the emotional eating. it is how i numb my feelings. I used to use sex, then drugs, then food, and now I am trying to learn how to accept and deal with my feelings. I think once i do I will have control over food.
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    With binging it's really easy to fall into the mindset of "Well I've already f*cked up today, I'll stop binging tomorrow."

Even if you slip up and binge in the morning, afternoon, whenever, that doesn't mean you've ruined that day and you should keep on binging. That'd be like dropping your phone on the floor and saying "Well I've already dropped it now, I may as well smash it until it's broken."

Start your day of healthily. Have a healthy breakfast. Take a walk. Write a list to remind yourself of why you're being healthy/losing weight. Rearrange a room. Eat healthy snacks. If you feel like you're gonna binge and not be able to stop, leave the house. Go for a long walk, until that feeling has passed. Motivate yourself.

If you do slip up and binge, that's okay. Take a deep breath, back away from the situation, drink a glass of water, and stop. Do NOT beat yourself up about it. Mistakes happen. The most important thing to remember is that a few little blips along the way are not enough to derail you, because you're not going to let that happen. You are your own best support system, you just have to utilize it.

OMG...im so going to copy this down and read it from time to time, it might help me not beat myself up and continue to ruin my day/mood/achievements so far just cos i broke away from healthy eating & ate a couple of donuts or a whole big fat bar of chocolate.

thank u.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options

OMG...im so going to copy this down and read it from time to time, it might help me not beat myself up and continue to ruin my day/mood/achievements so far just cos i broke away from healthy eating & ate a couple of donuts or a whole big fat bar of chocolate.

thank u.

Agreed - great post!
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    read the beck diet solution, it helped me enough to have way more good days than bad
  • LupaNera
    Options
    I know too well what it is like. Fortunatelly I had and have a great support from my SO even if we are not living together and also from my doc and friends. It is a just a distorted way to deal with feelings. It is not a mistake but just it goes like this. I found a great support also at the gym. But the most important thing for me to brake out the circle was to write down what made me binge. It was my doc that suggested it. And one step at a time I manage first to not feel guilty anymore and then to eat normally. Now I overeat just the day before TOM and I will go for things that are not really garbage. So for me is ok.
    I also found that having big amounts of things like almonds etc actually help me avoid binging because I don't have the urge of finishing the bag. So I keep one bowl full of nuts, one big bag of almonds, fridge full of veggies and avoid keeping at home any sweets. If I want something I just hit for the bar and have a good cappuccino and maybe a cornetto. But just not having sweets at home and having to go out usually stops me.