Is this ok??

Options
If I workout 30 minutes in the morning and then 30 minutes in the afternoon, am I getting the same results that I would be if I worked out a full hour once a day?? I work very early mornings 4am to noon and when I come home I workout for 30 minutes and then usually again at 5:30 I work out for another 30 minutes... Is that Ok or should I be working out for a full hour at once to get desired results??

Replies

• karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I would imagine you would burn more in 1 hour than over 2 half hours...you are keeping your heart rate higher for a longer period...which in turn burns more...

I would love to hear the responses!
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Its the same... It really doesn't make that big of a difference. If that's what you have to do... it's certainly better than not exercising at all!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I would think that, while it's true you're not keeping your heart rate up as long all at once, but you have that post-workout extra calorie burn twice! So that's good, right? And either way - it's true - you're working out! Keep it up, we're all proud of you!
  • nikkia75
    Options
    i sort of agree with the first response but for me after ive done a 30 minute work out im really tired so i probably dont work as "hard" if i do any more.

i usually do 30 mins in a morning and then another 30 in an evening too and i seem to be losing weight and inches so im happy:flowerforyou:
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    It'll amount to the same as 1 straight hour.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    There have been studies done to this effect. You get the same result from one straight hour as you would splitting it up into 10 minute segments. It isn't about how long, it is about how much!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    You're getting the cardio benefits by keeping your heart rate up for over 20 minutes....keep it up!