Never enough!

Ok so i am 5'4" and started at 160lbs....my goal weight when i first started last year was 135.went from size 13 to size 5 in jeans...it only took me 4 months to get there...now i cant stand the way i look..i have a new goal weight of 120...why am i not happy with my first goal weight? Just seems like it is never enough! I dont know maybe i am just crazy

Replies

• Im in the same boat! I am 5'5, was at 158 and got down to 136, from a size 12 to a 4 . The key I believe is toning up and although I would like to loose another 10 lbs, my main goal is toning up at this point. After having kids, I think I can loose all I want but unless I put my focus there, I dont think Ill be happy with results.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Like cday75 says, it maybe that its not the weight but the shape so toning is a great way to change how you look.

The other thing is that 135 was a great goal, but 120 is not unreasonable either. You may have subconsciously set a reachable goal the first time and now are setting a more aggressive goal. It won't put you into the underweight category so go ahead and go for it. But really watch yourself, don't get there and say the same thing... then you may be into an eating disorder.

Why not consider posting some pics on here. I will bet you get lots of compliments on what you look like now. You may just be being too harsh on yourself and need some non-biased opinions.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    yeah, i thought i'd be PERFECT at a certain number... i hit that number then passed it up and now i want to lose 10 more lbs. Not because I'm addicted to calorie deficits or anything lol I just want to get rid of the tummy.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    I encourage you to pick up a copy of the New Rules of Lifting for Women and start lifting weights. Up your calorie intake and start eating more protein. That'll give you the toned body you're after. You won't get big or bulky; as a woman, you're physically incapable of Hulking out without some serious chemical enhancement - the testosterone just isn't there. You should also probably step away from the scale, now, and focus on how you look and, more importantly, how you feel.

It may just be because I'm a psychology student focusing on clinical practice as a future goal, but this post sort of worries me. Don't be afraid to seek help from a mental health professional; if losing weight is all that is ever on your mind, if you truly never feel like you've lost enough or that you're not "good enough" yet, you may be at risk for developing a disorder. There's no shame in getting help for this, and seeing a psychologist or licensed mental health counselor (or a licensed professional that specializes in eating disorders) will help you to overcome it. Ask your doctor for a referral if you don't know of any offices in town.