Just saying hello

Options
Hi

I have just joined MFP. My husband, Raymond is also a member. He is doing very well on his new life endeavour so I figure I'd join him. I have 120 extra pounds so I have resolved to do something about it. My knees will thank me.

I am not a fan of dieting, don't know much about it and I'm not sure how successful I will be. We'll see how it goes - spoonful by spoonful.

I have 2 dog: Timmy and Raji. They are my babies.

"Exercise is a dirty word. Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate." Podleski, Janet and Greta. Eat, Shrink and be Merry (2005).

Replies

• carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Family! I don't consider logging the food that I eat 'dieting'. So don't use the word :wink:
    This new journey of yours is about learning what to eat that makes you feel good, not guilty. It's about healthier choices and you will learn a lot of things along the way. Feel free to view my diary; I'm open to the public. I eat what I want; but just not so much of it. Since the end of June 2012, I have lost 19lbs and 18" of fat from all over my body. Clothes size from busting out of 18W to pulling out the size 14s from 'that other closet'.

Don't get frustrated, just enjoy yourself. Experiment with recipes.....watch sodium and carbs; but you don't have to remove them completely.

You will feel better; You will look better. And heck, you don't have to 'exercise' either. Simply get up and walk around the block. Start slow and don't give up. You have a lot of years left on your life and you need to take control. No one else can do this but you.

Hugs from me....and all the other MFP'ers. You are not alone.
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    HI, It's good your partner is on the journey with you. You will be able to support each other as well as get support from all on MFP. Feel free to add me if you want extra support. I've got about 100+ lbs to lose and only too happy to have others along for the ride.

As previously said, this shouldn't be a diet, it's healthy eating and changing your lifestyle so you live longer and are able to do more. Just think how much exercise you get just walking your dogs? Bet it's more than you think.

Deb :)