Alcoholic drinks...what liquor mixes with club soda?

Options
I am going out tonight and I usually drink light beer but I want to try something new and low-cal. I tend to drink beer really fast so in a night I can go through 5-6 with no problem which can really add up on my tracker. I am not a huge fan of liquor, I particularly dislike vodka, and I also don't drink anything that is diet or sugar-free. I like club soda with lime so I want to order a drink with some type of liquor in it (not vodka) that will mix with club soda and lime. Does rum work? Any suggestions? Also, is it a common order at a bar so that most bartenders will know what I mean? I am hoping it will be relatively low calorie and I won't be able to guzzle it down like beer.

Replies

• Lifties
    Options
    Tom Collins is your best bet. Every bartender can make one.

2 oz Gin
    1 oz Lemon Juice
    2 dashes Simple Syrup
    3 oz Club soda

Another good one is a Mojito:

Ice
    6 ounces light rum
    12 mint sprigs, or spearmint, 8 roughly broken apart
    6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    4 tablespoons sugar
    Club soda
    4 slices lime
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    How about a wine spritzer. I seltzer or club soda in mine. Not sure what a bar uses but it cuts the calories.
  • Lifties
    Options
    And if you are willing to try tonic, then that would open up more possibilities.
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends who are following a very specific diet. On our last girls' night out, they drank tequila with club soda, lots of lime, and splenda. It tasted surprisingly good!
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Tonic has a lot of sugar in it. About as much as any other soda. If you want low calorie stick with club soda. I switched from Gin and Tonic w/ lime, to Gin and Club Soda w/ lime, and I like it better.