Sound familiar to anyone?

Options
So you're going about your day to day business and let's say something happens which suddenly causes your mood to turn sour. It doesn't even have to be something big, it could have been as simple as not being able to find your car keys in the morning, or forgetting to bring your lunch to work... My point is, is that it is often the little things that can cause the BIG repercussions in our weight loss. More often than not I could be having a perfectly "normal" day until something happens which puts me in a bad mood. All of a sudden, everything around me seems to be getting on my nerves, and my perfectly "normal" day has suddenly turned into a perfectly "crap" day. THESE are the days that we must watch out for! All too easily we can find ourselves resorting to food in the times that we feel that life just ISN'T going our way. And besides, we really haven't got anything left to lose because we are already sad, lonely, pathetic, overweight losers anyway, right? WRONG. Trust me when I say that I am no saint, and have had my fair share of days binge eating on the couch in front of an O.C. marathon, but this is a cycle that we MUST NOT let get the better of us! It has taken me almost my whole life to realise that all I am doing is using my "bad days" as an excuse to never reeeaaalllyyy commit to my weight loss. So what do you guys use as your weight loss commitment excuse? And what have YOU done to ensure that you can overcome it? I look forward to hearing your responses. In the meantime, keep working hard!

Replies

• calm81
    calm81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When I find myself in one of those moments where I should have stayed in bed to avoid it, I'll start making their YUMMY and cheesy food for my family and look over at my rabbit food that I have to prepare for MY DINNER the little voice in my head starts with " come onnnnn, you've had a crappy day eat the cheesy yumminess, you DESERVE IT!!!! " Sooo I proceed to say " screw the rabbit food I DO DESERVE IT!!" Then finally after a few moments arguing back and forth in my head while noticing my family staring at me as if they have discovered I have bi-polar disorder * not meant to to disrespect anyone who DOES have it* my common sense part of me days " do you really think breaking your diet will help your bad day? Only while you're eating it maybe, but as soon as you drop that fork I promise u that crappy day will be soon intensified!" Sooo In conclusion the rabbit food gets eatened and I feel GREAT for being good not giving in that my day feels a little better! :)
  • Annabeellee
    Options
    Exactly! I couldn't have said it any better myself. As soon as my food "breakdown" is over with, often all I am left with is a fuller more depressed version of myself. It is all physcological. It's not just about resisting the food, it's about telling yourself that you don't actually WANT the food... And BELIEVING it!