Need Advice

Options
OK so my biggest issue that im starting to realize on here is I dont eat enough, an I know that seems to bother people but im that kinda person that when im not hungry I dont eat, I honestly really dont eat much everyday, and when i force myself to eat i feel sick, im in shock that im fat even sometimes, does anyone else have this problem at all? or know how to solve it?

Replies

• kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I don't, becuase my issue is I eat when I am bored.

BUT!!!

When do you do eat, are you eating healthy or crappy? Will make a difference.
  • Kateluvsall
    Options
    When do you do eat, are you eating healthy or crappy? Will make a difference.

I do a good mix i eat alot of pita chips an salsa, in fact thats mostly my diet usually
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try snacks instead.... You know...snack on an apple, grapes, granola bars or something small to where it's not an entire meal if you aren't hungry.
  • 9xuzts
    Options
    I looked at your food diary (sorry if that seems nosy, but I thought it would help me give you advice)...I think your problem is a lot of your calories are coming from less than healthy food. I know people say calories are what matters most, but it really does matter where you are getting your nutrition. A person that eats the same number of calories while eating whole grain foods will be healthier because they are getting better nutrition. If you eat a lot of fats, your body doesn't handle it as well as carbohydrates. My advice, try eating more fruits and vegetables and see if that helps. Good luck!
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I don't know your whole background or what you eat when you eat but your body may be putting what little you give it into fat because it doesn't know when the next meal is coming. Maybe try to eat something (small) 5-6 times throughout the day? It might make your body realize that food is always there. Everyone's body is different so this is just a thought :) Good luck on your weight loss :)
  • LaurenLite
    Options
    I don't eat a lot but I eat a lot of GOOD things. My doctor keeps a check with an organ panel and is always impressed with the results, so I'm doing something right. :) When you eat a lot of fiber, it tends to fill you up more. I also find my metabolism (and hunger) starts slow and builds as the day goes on. Most of my nomming happens after 8pm (I actually take in 1/2 of my calories after 8pm). I snack almost all day on fruits and veggies.

That being said, everything should be very individualized-what works for me may not work for you. It is very important to talk to your doctor about any concerns you have (even a quick phone call can settle your worries).
  • wclassy
    wclassy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes I believe I had similar issue as yours...realized it since joining mfp. I have goofy hours and stress changed my appetite so went long periods without eating. I wasn't exercising much and didn't eat very healthy. I have since tried at least 5 days a week to eat a min. of 1200 calories about 4 small meals (mostly healthy food) even though my goal is 1400, and it seems to take my body out of starvation mode and I was able to drop 6 pounds so far... hope it keeps going down. Maybe it will help you too.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    OK so my biggest issue that im starting to realize on here is I dont eat enough, an I know that seems to bother people but im that kinda person that when im not hungry I dont eat, I honestly really dont eat much everyday, and when i force myself to eat i feel sick, im in shock that im fat even sometimes, does anyone else have this problem at all? or know how to solve it?

when you give fat a reason to exist then it will.
    When you dont eat your body burns fat for fuel.
    When you do this regularly then it burns amino acids and reduces lean tissue to slow the bodies metabolism down.
    The next time you eat above your set TDEE youll add fat because you are used to eating too low.
    Am I making sense?

This helped a lot of people so if you have any Qs please send a PM or join our group.
    Enjoy!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • areilly78
    areilly78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I looked back at your diary. It is a bit all over the place, but I am noticing a lot of calories are coming from not so healthy foods. Try replacing 1 unhealthy thing every day with a healthy food. Also, try eating small amounts of food throughout the day. Try 6-8 small meals. If you still are having problems not being able to eat more, I suggest seeing a doctor. Take your food diary with you. Perhaps there is a reason medically why you aren't hungry.
  • aanderson5500
    Options
    Since I joined MFP I've noticed that I tend to lose more when I eat as opposed to skipping meals. I don't eat big meals but I try not to skip one. I don't snack in between meals either. My physician recommended 5 small meals a day to get the metabolism up. She also recommended not eating after 6 in the evening when possible. I've also started drinking 5 - 20 oz bottles of water during the day at work. Increasing my water intake & cutting out my diet soda has really helped with the weight loss so far.