New to the site

Options
I've only used the app on my phone but I'm glad there's a website. :) Look forward to making some friends.

Replies

• kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • aanderson5500
    Options
    Welcome! :happy:
  • yasiral
    yasiral Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!! feel free to add me!!!!!
  • LoveAndRevenge
    LoveAndRevenge Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) Feel free to add me. I'm kinda sorta new haha.
  • StevenLongtin
    Options
    Newish, moreso back from hiatus. been losing steady with a much better lifestyle of eating right and walking that little extra daily with everything that I do. Been going to the gym and don't mind more people seeing what it is that I do. I don't comment often (at all really) but I post what I eat and my activity daily. Feel free to add me up.

Open to anyone that reads this

Cheers
  • Wordwarrior7
    Wordwarrior7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome,feel free to add me.
  • Boooocat
    Options
    hello I am a newbie. I have a question. I want to lose 20lbs and I am working hard at it with diet and exercise. I workout for 30 minutes and vigorously ride my bicycle for 3.5 miles a day. Anyhoo, the fitness diet is perplexing because it is so strict on sugar that it restricts eating fruits and vegetables and instead enourages bread and protein. I am going over on sugar just by eating wholesome fruits. I only eat half my calories and am way way under all the rest of the parts the diet.

What types of foods is this diet asking you to eat? How come it is so against fruit?
  • lbryony76
    lbryony76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can change the diet to suit yourself by going into food goals I think. It's really flexible. You can adapt MFP to any plan you like. Hope that helps.
  • MewShy
    MewShy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello & welcome I use the app on my phone most of the time as well, it's so handy. Feel free to add my as I'm also looking for some weight loss buddies!!
  • merlimax
    Options
    I'm always happy to offer help and support.. Feel free to add me and that goes for everyone on here ;)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    hello I am a newbie. I have a question. I want to lose 20lbs and I am working hard at it with diet and exercise. I workout for 30 minutes and vigorously ride my bicycle for 3.5 miles a day. Anyhoo, the fitness diet is perplexing because it is so strict on sugar that it restricts eating fruits and vegetables and instead enourages bread and protein. I am going over on sugar just by eating wholesome fruits. I only eat half my calories and am way way under all the rest of the parts the diet.

What types of foods is this diet asking you to eat? How come it is so against fruit?
    Hi, welcome to the site!

I track carbs, protein, sodium, fats and fiber. You can customize it anyway you'd like that works best for you as the other poster mentioned. Yes if you go strictly by sugar then you'll likely go over quickly, the protein is low on here as well until you customize it. I swap it over to carbs (vs. sugar) so I can get in a healthy amount and variety of them. Healthy carbs are something we need for our body and as long as you're not eating tons and tons of fruit/bread only then you'll be fine.

To change your goals: Go to goals, change goals, custom

Several of the macros are a bit low on here so feel free to change it up, here's what I currently have mine set at, 40/30/30 (C/P/F) or again see how your workouts go and change it up from there. I also drop my sodium to 1500mg and my fiber bumped up to 40.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. It's an awesome tools and you will find every opinion imaginable on every subject. :)
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    For myself I keep an eye on calories but I try not to to be anal about everything else. I exercise daily and try to stay away from processed food. For the most part it works for me but I confess to cheating once in awhile. I like my dortioes. :(
  • sharonlouiset
    sharonlouiset Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Your welcome to add me :)
  • RunXstrong
    Options
    I recently started using the website too - before I just used the phone ap. Welcome!
  • Lilmisscutestuff
    Options
    Anybody feel free to add me :) xx
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    If I'm a little slow adding anybody feel free to send me an invite. Been working lots this week so I've just been peeking on here. Excited to make new friends though. :D
  • lilbrownboy
    Options
    welcome