Beginning my fitness journey!

Options
Hi! I'm Heather and just decided to join MFP to help me learn how to take better care of my body and get back in shape and be the healthiest me I can be! I don't have anyone to discuss these goals with or to seek encouragement from, so I hope to find it here!

I'm 137lbs at 5'3" at 22... My weight is not terrible, but I want to get down to about 115 (well, this was the number I was happiest at when I was in HS and very fit!) and build muscle and tone. I just got several health issues under control and am feeling reenergized to get in shape and change my lifestyle! Hoping to just learn to be aware of my calories, eat healthy though indulge in moderation, and earn not how to snack so bad by eating more fulfilling meals! I'm introducing myself to eating veggies with every meal, along with fresh fruit, and would like to get into juicing too.
Hoping to get to the gym, get back into running and look into Insanity and 30 Day Shred (any reviews??).
I'm a juvenile diabetic and would love to chat with anyone else who is as well!

Looking forward to being a part of the community!

Replies

• ivan1964
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great weekend and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile:
  • MommaSparrow1928
    MommaSparrow1928 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi darling, I'm also at 5'3". Wow, I started my journey here at about the same weight (seriously, just a few tenths of a pound less...) as you almost 2 weeks ago (my goal is 110.... but I'd be more than happy with 115, like you're doing). Since starting, I've definitely paid a LOT more attention on what I put into my body. I've also already lost about 7 lbs. :)

I congratulate you on taking the first couple of big steps: realizing that you have a problem and beginning to do something about it.

Feel free to add me. I love having more buddies. It's kinda been like food-addicts therapy :)
  • bopanee
    bopanee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)